Honored Contributor

Gosh you guys clean your brushes a lot!  I may go a year without cleaning them BUT I don't wear makeup everyday.  Probably 2x a week. I have decided to start putting it on every day tho or all this makeup I've been buying is going to go to waste.  BTW, I have no breakouts or other skin issues from not washing my brushes more often.  They're on a clean face every time I use them... 

I have seen a product that beauty vloggers use on YT as they change from one color of e/s to another.  LMS if I can find it.  It's this or something like it.  Found on Amazon for $7

MS.DEAR Color Removal Sponge - Dry Makeup Brush Quick Cleaner Sponge - Removes Shadow Color from Your Brush without Water or Chemical Solutions - Compact Size for Travel

Honored Contributor

Oh, I clean my brushes with shampoo and rinse well Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@ECBG  I'm not Shanus, I just use any baby shampoo mixed with warm water.  Sometimes I add a llittle hydrogen peroxide.  Whatever you use, it has to have surfactants to kill and wash away bacteria and other harmful microbes.

@decaf 

Thank you.

Hoping for a spray on I can blot off with tissue the way I run.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   That would be the IT spray. I always "work" on a few sheets of paper towels to prevent cleaning up mess, so I just spray a bit of it on the towel and rub my brush gently across a few times. It dries instantly. It's most important on brushes that you use for cream products...face or eyes. 

@Shanus 

Thank you.  I only use brushes for powder, blush, and brows.  As of today. I now have an eye liner brush.  Loving Bobbi Brown eye liner pot!!!!!!

@ECBG   I "grew up" with Bobbi Brown's famous gel liner in a pot. The fine liner brush came into the line a bit later. I often use the dark brown/black shade (Caviar Ink)   to dot between my lashes before mascara.

I put on my moisturizer, sunscreen and then tinted moisturizer, concealer and then sometimes BB Foundation Stick with brushes...then blend in my cream blush w/ a brush, too. So, I have at least 3-4 brushes that I spray and rub on the paper towel until wash day. 

***Another great product to wash brushes in is Dr. Bonner's.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@ECBG  I'm not Shanus, I just use any baby shampoo mixed with warm water.  Sometimes I add a llittle hydrogen peroxide.  Whatever you use, it has to have surfactants to kill and wash away bacteria and other harmful microbes.

@decaf 

Thank you.

Hoping for a spray on I can blot off with tissue the way I run.Smiley Happy

@ECBG Check out Cinema Secrets on Amazon.  That’s exactly how it works. It dries quick so you can use the brush again immediately. 

@JeanLouiseFinch   I haven't heard of that spray cleaner. may check it out....Thanks for mentioning it. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Gee...golly...gosh!  That BB gel eyeliner is SO quick and easy!!!!!  LOVE!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Callong Shanus

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Gee...golly...gosh!  That BB gel eyeliner is SO quick and easy!!!!!  LOVE!!!!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Sorry I'm late to answer this post. yes, love my gel liner!!! It's wonderful with a very fine brush for dotting between lashes (I use the Caviar shade) or as a thin line on upper lid. Since it's waterproof, it can also be used in the waterline. 

Contributor

I love the gel eyeliner too, but why has it been out of stock (except for Black) on the BB site for weeks?  I had an online chat with a Customer Service rep, and she wasn't aware and couldn't give me an estimate of when the liners would be back in stock.

Even NM and Nordstrom don't have the usual color selection.  I'm wondering if the product will be discontinued or re-formulated.  Inquiring minds want to know!