Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

What do you clean your personal makeup brushes with please?  Thanks 😊 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  I'm not Shanus, I just use any baby shampoo mixed with warm water.  Sometimes I add a llittle hydrogen peroxide.  Whatever you use, it has to have surfactants to kill and wash away bacteria and other harmful microbes.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@ECBG  I'm not Shanus, I just use any baby shampoo mixed with warm water.  Sometimes I add a llittle hydrogen peroxide.  Whatever you use, it has to have surfactants to kill and wash away bacteria and other harmful microbes.

@decaf 

Thank you.

Hoping for a spray on I can blot off with tissue the way I run.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf 

Thank you.

@ECBG I remember @SilleeMee saying once that she used Mycellar water that way.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf 

Thank you.

@ECBG I remember @SilleeMee saying once that she used Mycellar water that way.

Yes, I put the micellar water on a paper towel then swipe my brushes on it in a back-and-forth motion until the brush comes clean. That's just a quick daily cleaning. I do wash my brushes in Dawn for a deeper cleaning.

Honored Contributor

I figure if it is good enough for my face it is good enough for brushes and they have lasted a long long time being washed frequently.

I have a white goat hair brush that gets stained a lot with foundation.  I'll wash it then gently brush the tips back and forth on a bar of soap (L'Occitane, Dove or something mild) and then rinse rinse rinse and that will remove more color than about anything else.

I think the key is rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf 

Thank you.

@ECBG Check out Cinema Secrets on Amazon.  That’s exactly how it works. It dries quick so you can use the brush again immediately. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

What do you clean your personal makeup brushes with please?  Thanks 😊 

@ECBG   You call? I answer. Lol  I clean my brushes as I use them w/ IT BRUSH LOVE, a spray. Once I week, I use baby shampoo to give them a deep cleaning. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Callong Shanus

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf 

Thank you.

@ECBG   That would be the IT spray. I always "work" on a few sheets of paper towels to prevent cleaning up mess, so I just spray a bit of it on the towel and rub my brush gently across a few times. It dries instantly. It's most important on brushes that you use for cream products...face or eyes. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf 

Thank you.

@ECBG   That would be the IT spray. I always "work" on a few sheets of paper towels to prevent cleaning up mess, so I just spray a bit of it on the towel and rub my brush gently across a few times. It dries instantly. It's most important on brushes that you use for cream products...face or eyes. 

@Shanus 

Thank you.  I only use brushes for powder, blush, and brows.  As of today. I now have an eye liner brush.  Loving Bobbi Brown eye liner pot!!!!!!