Honored Contributor

I caught an episode of What Not To Wear from 2008. She did the same techniques with almost the same products as she's selling now. Times have changed for sure and so has makeup. 

Have you watched her on Q? Purchased anything? Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I caught an episode of What Not To Wear from 2008. She did the same techniques with almost the same products as she's selling now. Times have changed for sure and so has makeup. 

Have you watched her on Q? Purchased anything? Thoughts?

never was that impressed with her on WNTW even less now

agree that she has not changed with the times 

Respected Contributor

Used to love WNTW.  Haven't purchased any of her products.  I haven't even seen her on the Q.......truthfully I used to think she should have been a client on WNTW....I hated the way she dressed.

Honored Contributor

Someone here said the Q was putting lots of faith in the CARMINDY line to sell lots of cosmetics. I see the same "5 minute face" she spoke to the women about at least 15 years ago. Nothing exciting in her upcoming show. Well, I wonder who's great idea this was? 

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Used to love WNTW.  Haven't purchased any of her products.  I haven't even seen her on the Q.......truthfully I used to think she should have been a client on WNTW....I hated the way she dressed.

funny

Respected Contributor

I think Carmindy is beautiful and love her makeup application. Different artist appeal to different people. I like the pretty lip color and eye makeup she is wearing. I do not like nude lips and dark eye makeup

Image result for carmindy

Honored Contributor

I have never tried her makeup, but I think she is very pretty, and seems like a nice person. She does demonstrate her products very well. I may have to try something in her line the next time I need makeup...

I enjoy her shows, because she explains and demonstrates so well-no yelling, and no hard sell......I never saw her on the other show....

Honored Contributor

I think Carmindy is definitely still in the last decade, or beyond.  She is beautiful, no doubt about it.  But she is another brand that thinks all shades work for all women. 

I saw her one-size-fits-all presentation a few weeks ago, during one of Shawn's Dare to Share Beauty shows.  A very light pink blush, lip and shadow demonstration.  One of her models was a gorgeous African American woman.  When Carmindy got through with her she looked like a circus clown, all while saying how beautiful it turned out.  Anyone could see it looked ridiculous.  That sales pitch of don't believe what you see, only believe what I tell you has never worked for me. 

I have not watched her since.  Since I never heard of her before QVC, I don't feel a void.  

Respected Contributor

This lady looks beautiful wearing Carmindy makeup.

the-style-and-doctor-sheer-whisper-finishing-powder-into-it-eyeliner-pencil-tap-on-stick-concealer-skin-system-4-foundation-look-over-here-lip-crayon-minute-face-5-piece-collection-w-carmindizing-highlighter-i-got-you-mascara-all-in-good-prime-universal-primer-carmindy-beauty-double-ended-highlight-brush-qvc-com-p59079.jpg

Respected Contributor

I loved her line when it was sold at CVS. Basic products. Nothing trendy or flashy. 

Makeup lines have definitly exploded with highlighters & glitter products & I wish that it had happened earlier.

For my life style, I don't wear as many glitters & shiny products as I might have a few years, ago.

I do like a bit, but mostly I still need good strong basics. If Carmindy can provide those for me, I will try them!