Respected Contributor

I was never impressed with Carmindy. And "Carmindizing?" Really? Adding that bit of light to the inner corner of the eyes has been around since before Cleopatra lol. She sure didn't invent it.

As usual, too, the ones updating looks always appear to be stuck in a rut, themselves. On WNTW, I had to laugh seeing her in the same old blah hairstyle, and running around in what always looked like an old slip--that hardly inspired confidence.

And nothing's changed.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I used to love that show but was never a big fan of her's or the hairstylists they had on the show.  In fact, I always felt like Carmindy could use a make-over herself.

I was never the least bit tempted by any of her products no matter what shopping channel or store she was in.  I'm even less impressed with her items now.  I don't need my make-up products numbered or color coded, etc. to tell me in what order to use them.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I used to love that show but was never a big fan of her's or the hairstylists they had on the show.  In fact, I always felt like Carmindy could use a make-over herself.

I was never the least bit tempted by any of her products no matter what shopping channel or store she was in.  I'm even less impressed with her items now.  I don't need my make-up products numbered or color coded, etc. to tell me in what order to use them.    

@Lipstickdiva   I always cringed when I saw the hairstylists with a razor in their hands. They're the worst for the hair leaving split and shattered ends. I always request scissors only...no thinning/texturizing shears or razors. 

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee   Unfortunately, neither women in the video in this item # A372611 benefited one bit from the shades Carmindy used on them.  I'm just saying, "lovestruck Rose" is not a universal shade, even though she sells it as such.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Iwantcoffee   Unfortunately, neither women in the video in this item # A372611 benefited one bit from the shades Carmindy used on them.  I'm just saying, "lovestruck Rose" is not a universal shade, even though she sells it as such.

I agree that very shade does not look good on everyone but i do think her line has shades that do look very pretty. Everyone will not like Carmindy or her brand, but that is true for every artist and brand.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I think Carmindy is definitely still in the last decade, or beyond.  She is beautiful, no doubt about it.  But she is another brand that thinks all shades work for all women. 

I saw her one-size-fits-all presentation a few weeks ago, during one of Shawn's Dare to Share Beauty shows.  A very light pink blush, lip and shadow demonstration.  One of her models was a gorgeous African American woman.  When Carmindy got through with her she looked like a circus clown, all while saying how beautiful it turned out.  Anyone could see it looked ridiculous.  That sales pitch of don't believe what you see, only believe what I tell you has never worked for me. 

I have not watched her since.  Since I never heard of her before QVC, I don't feel a void.  

@Caaareful Shopper . You are right. I did see this particular show and I thought OMG! That color was all wrong for that model. It was not a color for all skintones for sure......I pay very little attention to makeup artists that say oh this is a color that will work for everyone, because most of the time it isn't true!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

LOVE Carmandy and WNTW!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

From what I can tell, everything on the Q was in kits. I don't think she offers enough shades for foundation.  I guess I would have to read reviews to see how her products perform.  (This has nothing to do with this thread but if I see one more commercial on Pillow Talk by Tilbury, I will scream).  Oh, I just looked at Carmindy's products at how can you purchase foundation with no pictures except that tiny, little round circle with the color in it?  You really need larger images of the shades.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I really liked her mascara, it doesn't flake and doesn't smudge. That's the only thing I've purchased of hers. 

Honored Contributor

universal shades????

I don't buy into that, it's a way to sell stuff without bringing a lot of inventory that may or may not sell