Honored Contributor

Re: Buy your pink nail polish and beauty NOW. Once BARBIE comes out, they will be gone.

I've been hearing about that Barbie movie for months.  I was surprised it hadn't already come and gone, so I would think the pink craze has already started.  Not for me though.  I don't care for pink except im flowers and really hate that all things associated with female has to be pink.  I tried to find a hard hat once for smaller heads and ALL I could find was pink ones.  You could find all kinds of designs for big heads.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buy your pink nail polish and beauty NOW. Once BARBIE comes out, they will be gone.

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

Ryan Gosling plays Ken.

Margot Robbie plays Barbie.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I had a house closing to go to one time and since my name was included as one of the builders, I bought a white hard hat and spray painted it pink and then sprayed glitter on it. I wore it to the closing 🙃

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you. I knew I'd seen that face before

Esteemed Contributor

The Barbie movie was first announced in 2019, and the pink/fuchsia craze has been flying since.  I think the pandemic stretched the trend out.

I don't know that I will be wearing pink/fuchsia on my nails, but I have been wearing it on my clothes.  

Lil Nas X (of the Grammy winning “Old Town Road”), with his outfit for the Jan 2020 Grammys (Versace, below), made me think then that the shade was already everywhere.

Lil Nas X (“Old Town Road”) Jan 2020 Grammy's wearing Versace.jpg

Beyonce wore these Versace pink/fuchsia shoes in November 2021

Beyonce's Versace Satin Medusa Aevitas Platform Heels

But then Pantone and Valentino appropriated the color in March 2022, when Valentino used mostly this color in his fall/winter 2022/2023 collection and it has been everywhere since.

But others designers had/have been doing the color.

I bought these Logo tops in April 2022:

Мужские трости Sangria купить недорого из США (Америка) — Доставка из США

I bought this Susan Graver blazer in January 2023:

And I bought this Isaac top in March 2023:

In fairness to Isaac, I think he has always done this color.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_1759.jpeg

SilleeMee wrote:

I think the 'pink craze' has already started.

Valentino came out with a pink collection last fall. It's just like that Barbie pink.

@SilleeMee @Valentino has been using pinks for five years. His major perfume launch for Valentino Born in Roma, which is the perfume I wear, comes in pink liquid in a pink box and all the merchandising centers around pink. The company has been on a pink kick since then. 

Honored Contributor

Um ... nah.   I've already got all the pink of anything that I need.  But thanks for the heads up.

@Mindy D 

Just curious ... is this movie for small children?  Not quite sure who the target audience is.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Um ... nah.   I've already got all the pink of anything that I need.  But thanks for the heads up.

@Mindy D 

Just curious ... is this movie for small children?  Not quite sure who the target audience is.

@Tinkrbl44 @I think it will target girls and will target grown women with nostalgia for Barbie. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Valentino's latest pink is a hot pink, not like the usual pink from before.

Honored Contributor

My pink craze started on the day I was born and has so far continued through today.  I'm hoping that even on the day I drop dead I have on a cute pink dress and pink lips to match my ravishing red hair!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.