Valued Contributor

I have been using a skincare line for many years and while I've been happy with it, I am also older and feel changing it up might be beneficial. I read a long time ago that it is good to do this as your skin gets used to products used long term. So while I am happy with what I use, I want to change for a while.

So my question is-----if you have used both lines, do you find Elemis or Tatcha to provide the most benefits. (I'll add that I am in my 70's). I realize that no one necessarily likes every item in a product line that they like, but generally speaking, which of these two lines do you think best for mature skin???

AND if there is a particular product in either line that you REALLY like, would you please share.

TIA

Respected Contributor

I realize that I just might have been sensitive to the scent of Elemis but I could not handle it at all.  I tried it twice and both times it gave me the worst upset stomach and headache.  The skincare products seemed great but they weren't for me.  

I've used a few of the Tatcha products and I like them very much.  I particularly like the serum.  I use it nightly and find it really helps with keeping the moisture in my skin.  It goes on very smoothly and absorbs quite well.  

The line that I find working the best for me is MD Complete.  I use the Dark Spot Corrector along with the Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate, the Quench & Restore Hyaluronic Treatment and Wrinkle & Radiance Remedy.

For my neck treatment I prefer the Strivectin Neck Cream.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Elemis or Tatcha?

[ Edited ]

I like Tatcha. I love the Camelia cleansing oil. I also use The Serum Stick and the firming eye cream.

I switch on and off with Josie Maran products. I use the milk as my moisturizer.

I broke out in a rash from Elemis. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I like Tatcha. I love the Camelia cleansing oil. I also use The Serum Stick and the firming eye cream.

I switch on and off with Josie Maran products. I use the milk as my moisturizer.

I broke out in a rash from Elemis. 

Same as you @KBEANS, except I've never tried Elemis.

I usually refuse to spend a lot on skin care, and I don't for a minute believe Tatcha's story about the "ancient Geisha book," but when I lived in Japan I got used to using a rice powder face wash. So I use Tatcha's rice powder wash. It came in a set with the cleansing oil. I alternate that with others I like. 

I do like Josie's milk. It works for me.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I bought a set of Tatcha products about 7 years ago, maybe longer, from Sephora.  It had a cleanser, the rice polish, and a cream.   I liked the rice polish best, but didn't see a difference in my skin.   Recently I bought the Serum stick because of all the hosts raving, but I never use it - again, I don't see a difference.

I have been using Elemis Marine Cream for almost 10 years.  It's a desert island product for me.  I also like the Cleansing Balm.  For older skin I also highly recommend Caudalie Premiere Cru.

Respected Contributor

I tried Elemis, twice. Could not stand the scent. In the end it irritated my skin anyway. It was too strong.

As far as Tatcha, I use their rice powder cleanser a couple of times a week. I tried their essence and it dried my skin, which is normal most of the time. I tried their moisturizer (don't remember which one) and it did nothing. 

Frequent Contributor
I tried the Elemis Marine Cream last year when it was a TSV and found it to be one of those creams that balls up on my skin. No matter what I did. So annoying. The fragrance is definitely something that you either like or hate. I found it to be ok after a few days but ultimately decided the cream itself wasn’t working fou me. Never tried anything else in the line.

Super Contributor
I noticed the scent with Elemis because I walked into a room and all of a sudden this woman started gasping and her eyes teared up. She said something to the group and another lady remarked that she had noticed a change (as in heavy scent) as well. I don’t wear any performance. It had to be the Elemis!
Super Contributor
Any perfume, not performance
Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

The line that I find working the best for me is MD Complete.  I use the Dark Spot Corrector along with the Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate, the Quench & Restore Hyaluronic Treatment and Wrinkle & Radiance Remedy.

@J Town Girl  I, too, like MD Complete and use his retinol duo. I always have backups!

@QPrincess  I've never been enticed w/ Elemis, but did try some Tatcha things. Thought the moisturizer (they have several...this was a later version) was terrible! I do like the Rice Polish Classic, and use that every night. Just adds a bit more cleansing assurance. Good skin starts with good cleansing.

Also, while I did like the Tatcha essence and like the idea of that, think that is way over priced.