Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

My mom always used a cotton ball with some  rubbing alcohol on it or hydrogen peroxide, vinegar also works well.  Stops itch instantly and takes down swelling and redness.  Remember good ol'  Bactine?  That worked well on scrapes and cuts and bug bites

when we were kids.  It wonder if they still make it?

@AKgirl2 yes, Bactine is still in stores.  

I haven't seen it, but then again, wasn't looking.  I remember asking my mom to buy it because iodine really stung and mercurochrome didn't feel much better.😢

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 I haven't seen MBFGW2, but REALLY want to see it soon! The musical score is one of my VERY FAVORITES.

We have dispatched 2 spiders so far, one of which was black, and the other which was translucent, whitish looking and tiny.

Our odd odd weather for the last year appears to have caused an unusual profusion of the critters, and however much I prefer to spare anything that eats mosquitos, I feel as though I can't spare something that has covered DH and me with so many welts. 

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@AKgirl2 I haven't seen MBFGW2, but REALLY want to see it soon! The musical score is one of my VERY FAVORITES.

We have dispatched 2 spiders so far, one of which was black, and the other which was translucent, whitish looking and tiny.

Our odd odd weather for the last year appears to have caused an unusual profusion of the critters, and however much I prefer to spare anything that eats mosquitos, I feel as though I can't spare something that has covered DH and me with so many welts. 

Oh my, we'll keep vigilant about the kind of spiders you are seeing and maybe use a natural repellant to keep them away!  I googled natural repellant for spiders...they seem to hate these natural oils

citrus, lavendar, peppermint, citronella, cinnamon, tea tree & cloves. You can put some oil mixed with water in spray bottle...spray along windowsills, doors and area used by spiders to come into house.  Might be good to give your legs and arms a spritz too!