Honored Contributor

What has always worked for me is a paste of just plain old baking soda ..... yup, baking soda.

Respected Contributor

My mom always used a cotton ball with some  rubbing alcohol on it or hydrogen peroxide, vinegar also works well.  Stops itch instantly and takes down swelling and redness.  Remember good ol'  Bactine?  That worked well on scrapes and cuts and bug bites

when we were kids.  It wonder if they still make it?

Honored Contributor

We have been suffering an INVASION of spiders. We have found that a spritz of Windex (ammonia really) helps a lot. 

For the long term, Cortisone cream, and first, a schmeer of benadryl.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

We have been suffering an INVASION of spiders. We have found that a spritz of Windex (ammonia really) helps a lot. 

I think that the bride's father from My Big Fat Greek Wedding would agree with you!  I do too!!

Esteemed Contributor
Listerine works great for itching from bug/mosquito bites.
Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@violann wrote:

I think that the bride's father from My Big Fat Greek Wedding would agree with you!  I do too!!

Absolutely, @AKgirl2!!!! I had intended to mention that but I was so distracted by scratching, I forgot. The "door scene" with all the bridesmaids is one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

I use lavender essential oil for bug bites and itchiness.  Non toxic and works.  

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

My mom always used a cotton ball with some  rubbing alcohol on it or hydrogen peroxide, vinegar also works well.  Stops itch instantly and takes down swelling and redness.  Remember good ol'  Bactine?  That worked well on scrapes and cuts and bug bites

when we were kids.  It wonder if they still make it?

@AKgirl2 yes, Bactine is still in stores.  

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@violann wrote:

Absolutely, @AKgirl2!!!! I had intended to mention that but I was so distracted by scratching, I forgot. The "door scene" with all the bridesmaids is one of my favorites.

@violann, it was a good and funny movie with good storyline.

Have you seen MBFGWII?  I wonder if it's as good?

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@violann wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann, it was a good and funny movie with good storyline.

Have you seen MBFGWII?  I wonder if it's as good?

An invasion of spiders sounds scary...what kind of spiders are biting you?😳