Trusted Contributor

I've lost some of my eyebrow tails and also a little of the other end near my nose.  The only products that work well for this are the pots of pomade, gel or mousse because they mimic the texture of real hair, they're not flat and fake looking like a pencil. 

Unfortunately they dry out very quickly, in a month or two, turning into a cakey, clumpy mess.  I've tried at least three brands IT, ABH and Elf.   Reviews of other brands share the same complaint.   If anyone knows of one that doesn't, I'd love to know about it.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

There are some interesting brow products! I'm still using my favorite YBF pencil that's been in my regime for years. And I also use the Benefit Gimme Brow.

Soon, I'm going to try some other products once I use up my current stash. As I find them, I'm going to post the other brow products that have my interest. 

Please share your favs, recommendations and reviews

YBF brow pencil is the best....hard to come by...sell out so quickly on HSN.

Valued Contributor

Re: Brows, Brows, Brows!!!

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl looking forward to your responses.  Although it has good reviews, i did not have good results with Too Faced Brow Wig.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

There are some interesting brow products! I'm still using my favorite YBF pencil that's been in my regime for years. And I also use the Benefit Gimme Brow.

Soon, I'm going to try some other products once I use up my current stash. As I find them, I'm going to post the other brow products that have my interest. 

Please share your favs, recommendations and reviews

YBF brow pencil is the best....hard to come by...sell out so quickly on HSN.

@sann - do you know if YBF will continue at HSN? Stacy hadn't been on with a show or even the Beauty Report in a looooong time. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone, I've bookmarked this thread for future reference. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This is very new from Skinn Cosmetics.  Availabile at HSN. Interested/waiting for reviews

SKINN Scientific Color Tinted Brow Gel
791-742
SKINN Scientific Color Tinted Brow Gel

Honored Contributor

New at Q, just posted today! $29

A511704
Iconic London Sculpt & Boost Eyebrow Cushion with Foldable Brush

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom    I have the taupe and brown in my cart but not sure which one I will get yet.  I watched the presentation and I was impressed.  I did read the reviews and a lot of complaints about the product drying out.  Your suggestion to keep the lid on tightly closed is the way to go.   I had the same issue with Bobbi Brown eyeliner pods.  It dried out because I probably didn't close the lid tightly.  There appears to be a lot of product in these little pods.   Those brushes are the key.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toots711    I also have the RMS brown powder in the brown.  It's a good product and covers well.  Great brush. Much wider brush than the ever magic one mentioned.  I definitely want to try the Evermagic.

Respected Contributor

I've never used brow powder but after watching the rms show last night, I decided maybe I should start. I'm in my 70s and my brows always seemed to be fine and when I tried the pencils and powders in the past, they just looked weird. I bought the rms powder at someone's suggestion on these boards to try it as an eye liner, which I did and I love. Now to the funny part: I decided this morning to try it on my brows since the wintry weather made it necessary for me to stay inside today. They looked all right and I decided maybe I needed to keep using it. Midways through the day, after cleaning house, being on the computer, and just doing things, I looked in the mirror and apparently am used to touching my brows during the day. I saw Baby Jane looking back at me from the mirror! I had smeared the powder all over my eyes and forehead Woman LOL If I decide to keep using it, I'll have to be more careful!