Esteemed Contributor
I've been curious about all the brow products (makeup, stencils, tweezers, etc.), so I made an appointment. I was surprised they don't discuss the brow products as part of the brow waxing service. Odd how they have associates clambering to help in every area but that one. For the price, I'll continue to get my brows done at my hair salon since Ulta's Brow Bar is just a waxing service (more expensive than the hair salon too). Wonder why they don't offer brow consultations? There were three associates in the area, and they all had thick wide black brows--not the look I was going for anyway.
Trusted Contributor

So you just showed up for the appointment and then said ""no thank you"". Very odd.

Respected Contributor
I always have my brows done at the Benefit Brow Bar at Ulta. My girl gives the best arch and always tells me about the products she's using. And she always does a little consultation before starting.
Super Contributor

How much was it? I've never had my brows done, my issue is more that they're fading away now, not so much that I need them waxed or controlled. I wouldn't mind having them professionally shaped though. I only just started using a blonde brow pencil which I'm FINALLY getting the hang of without making them look too dark or unnatural. My brows were always naturally dark for my naturally blonde hair, I never had to do much except tweeze the strays.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/1/2015 fitfuninformed said:

So you just showed up for the appointment and then said "no thank you". Very odd.

No, I showed up for the appointment and got my brows waxed. I paid $21 for the service. I just thought there would be more to it besides waxing.
Esteemed Contributor
My service was $21. Beforehand, I had to answer questions like was I using retin-A and was I taking any meds? She applied a stencil and asked if I liked it. Then she waxed the brows and quickly handed me a bill and started talking to another customer. I have some skimpy areas, so I hoped to fill them in with some product before leaving.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I find that unusual. I've brought my daughter to the benefit brow bar in Ulta and not only were they accommodating on every level (additional products used as part of the service, with no hard sell) but they even took us back in the salon area so that we weren't out in the open. The girls there are sort of acquaintances of mine just from shopping there frequently enough, but just the same very polite. They (there are 2 girls we prefer to have perform the service) do a beautiful job but then again my daughter has great brows. I've made sure she keeps them that way, she's been a good student. Now old enough to know better and not tweeze incorrectly. She was given professional instruction from the very beginning!

Respected Contributor
I guess it depends on the staff. When our Ulta first opened they were so accommodating, plenty of staff eager to help. The last couple of times I went there were very few people even working, most were at the register. They also are not keeping the store up to my standards as far as keeping the tester products and Q-tips, etc. clean. Probably my last visit to the store. I'll order online if I need anything.
Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 wildcat fan said:
On 4/1/2015 fitfuninformed said:

So you just showed up for the appointment and then said "no thank you". Very odd.

No, I showed up for the appointment and got my brows waxed. I paid $21 for the service. I just thought there would be more to it besides waxing.

Did you ask for a consultation or some assistance with products while you got your brows done? Maybe they're just not big on the hard sell.

Esteemed Contributor
In the brow bar I attend in NYC, it is a full consult with instruction....pricey but she showed me how to train my brows...I go in a few times a year...I am mature and my eyebrow was getting sparse but look good now