Respected Contributor

Re: Botox-question for those who do the injections

@elrager wrote:

I don't get injections myself. It's my understanding there is a sweet spot with botox relating to time it lasts. In the beginning it can be too much (no movement) then it's perfect for a short while, then it is wearing off and isn't doing much. This is based on a friend's experience. Can't speak to where they would inject. I am pretty sure she only did brow area. She didn't feel like it was that great- for the price/pain/time effective. Good Luck!

You are correct about there being a sweet spot on this procedure.  I've been able to go much longer than the 3 mo time as well.  Thank goodness I'm not one who needs a lot on the botox and fillers, so the price is very reasonable for the results I get.  Love it!  Makes me feel better when using my skincare products to finish the look.

Valued Contributor

I have been doing it long enough that I believe it can be accumlative as i can go 4 months. it's not the 11 lines I have, I have railroad tracks. Only one time I had a bad experience and she hit it wrong and caused my eyelid to droop.

Honored Contributor

I used to be able to go every 5 to 6 months, but now I think I need to start going every 4 to 5 months.  I don't find it to be cumulative.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I use skin neck amoire on the 11 lines area - works for me.