Valued Contributor

Blush for Winter...need recommendation

I am wondering if anyone would have a suggestion for a plummy blush that would work on very fair skin?

I have at least 7 or 8 blushes, and all of them are a shade of pink.  Smiley Sad

I am so guilty of buying the same shades of blush, lipsticks and even eyeshadow (neutral mattes).  

Thanks, ladies.

Respected Contributor

Re: Blush for Winter...need recommendation

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I am wondering if anyone would have a suggestion for a plummy blush that would work on very fair skin?

I have at least 7 or 8 blushes, and all of them are a shade of pink.  Smiley Sad

I am so guilty of buying the same shades of blush, lipsticks and even eyeshadow (neutral mattes).  

Thanks, ladies.

@SwedishmissI'm also fair and any plum blush that I have tried makes me look terrible. I stick with pink or peach blush. Have you tried "O" by Nars? This is one I use all year.

Are you close to a Sephora store? They are great in helping find the perfect shade. I would try before you buy.

Respected Contributor

I am very fair too and like Lancome's "Aplum" - soft shade of plum/pink, really pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IT Cosmetics Cheek Stain in "Magical in Mauve" is deeper than your usual pink.  You might want to check it out.  However, on the Nars site, when you click on one of the blush colors, there's a video of a live model wearing all of the shades to give you a better idea of what they're going to look like.  

Valued Contributor

I have fair skin too and I love Tarte  Blush in Exposed and Hourglass Blush in Mood Exposure (got the smaller inexpensive size) for a change of pace from pinks.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss,   I am fair and can wear and own Tarte's 12 hour Amazonian Clay powder blush.  Natural Beauty is the shade and it reminds me of when someone pinches your cheeks or you come in from the freezing cold.  You only wear a tiny dot and spread out.  It's really a lovely shade but you have to work with it for what works for you.  You know, how much or how little and the blush does last all day  It's the first blush I have own that actually does last.  :catwink:

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Clinique has one called plum gorgeous. I have seen it on fair skin and it's very pretty.  

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

Clinique has one called plum gorgeous. I have seen it on fair skin and it's very pretty.  

I've used plum gorgeous and loved it!  Now, I'm using Bare Minerals because it stays better on my slightly dry skin.

Trusted Contributor

@authorused to use that only one before I was a makeup addict lol...it's an oldie BUT a goodie indeed. Agree!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

NARS Madly is one of my favorite blushes for winter and fall. I’m not sure about it working on fair skin. I would go to a beauty counter and let them help you with finding a good shade. Most times they are very helpful.