Respected Contributor

Got my IT Cosmetics TSV today!

[ Edited ]

I ordered it with the CC cream in "fair" and I was worried it was going to be too light but it's perfect! (at least in artificial light - I  haven't worn it in daylight yet).

I swatched the lip balm on my hand and it appears it'll work for those times that I just want a hint of color. I have a similar colored lip balm from Burt's Bees that I like to use when I'm wearing minimal makeup. This IT lip balm imparts very little color.

I can't wait to try the rest of the products! I'm a little scared of the Bye Bye Pores pressed powder because it's the illuminating one but I figured I could use it where I would use a highlighter rather than all over my face.

Oh... the brush is sumptuous! Not sure if I'll use it for the CC cream or for powder...

This was my first IT Cosmetics purchase.  Can you tell I'm excited? I felt like a kid at Christmas opening the box! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my IT Cosmetics TSV today!

[ Edited ]

I am glad your excited.  I have had mine a week but it's still in the box. Maybe I will open it tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment so it will give me a excuse to put makeup on.  Just use a very tiny bit of the powder and you will be fiine.  Just a very light dusting. I will probably use the brush for the powder. I have a few foundation brushes I like already. I probably won't open the mascara until we move. I don't want it to dry out since I am not putting makeup on everyday. These are really good products and ones I use everyday. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @ccassaday! What type of brush do you find works best for applying the CC cream?

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Thanks @ccassaday! What type of brush do you find works best for applying the CC cream?

I don't really have a favorite. I use the IT heavenly luxe complexion dual end brush, morphe 459 I think, another IT brush that came with the confidence in a cream, or a beauty blender. They all work fine.

Since I haven't opened my box yet did they include any samples?  I was secretly hoping for a secret sauce sample.

Trusted Contributor

Hope you love it! 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday, yes they did. I don't know if all the samples are the same but in mine they included a single-use packet of "Confidence in a Cleanser".

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ccassaday, yes they did. I don't know if all the samples are the same but in mine they included a single-use packet of "Confidence in a Cleanser".

Oh cool. I have wanted to try that. There skincare is also really good. I have the bye bye lines serum and confidence in a cream. Once that is gone I want to try secret sauce.

Trusted Contributor

I hope you enjoy it ALL! it's so much fun Smiley Happy

I passed on it [glad I did since truly I need nada!]  I only needed/wanted I should say the globe brush but now not sure..even if I buy it on ebay b/c if it's domed these brushes do not work well with my CC or other foundations.

In fact I don't use the domed one they sell even for powder..too clunky just not user friendly IMHO

I DO love their flat topped brush for my Cc cream [ it was originally used for their Celebration powder foundation] and also as @ccassaday I think it was you who said (I can't go back to check if it was you now that I'm writing) but the confidence in a cream brush that came with the compact is very nice too agree for use w/CC cream and the duo ended..

My Hourglass blush/foundation one is good too - I know.. brush addiction! :-O

I have many and enjoy switching it up.

Bareminerals foundation brush is really good too, not $ and works quite well..it was meant initially for their moistering foundation in a tube.

Flat top is my go too now that Jamie said this week when airing her brush roll set it's used for CC and all foundations. May need a back up! Slews on ebay lol.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 I  have an ELF flat-top brush that has gotten good reviews as well as an Artis  dupe paddle-style brush. I'm  a newbie as far as brush use goes. I always chicken out at the last minute (don't know why) and end up just using my fingers. I keep buying brushes because I see others use them and rave about them but then I don't use them. I need to start experimenting! Oh and I don't even own a  beauty blender type of sponge!

Btw, what do you use your dome brushes for, if anything?

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

Oh cool. I have wanted to try that. There skincare is also really good. I have the bye bye lines serum and confidence in a cream. Once that is gone I want to try secret sauce.

@ccassaday I  just now tried the cleanser (I'll have enough for another use) after removing my makeup with an oil first. I must say, it felt very nice and left my face feeling so soft!