Honored Contributor

Re: Best long wearing nail polish?

Here's what's funny for me - we have 'big lots' stores here. Love to go there and check out the goods, buy stuff, one of which is $1.00 nail gels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I have many, I find great colors, this stuff lasts forever on my toes, it removes very easily AND it's only $1.00 a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I like ColorStreet. Nail polish on a stick-on sheet. Fun colors.

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I always end up back to an acrylic overlay on my natural nails is because polish will not stay on my nails.  I've tried tons of brands of repair products to try and get my nails healthy after having acrylics removed and just about all of them peeled.

Almost anything I use on my nails end up peeling off in one strip within 2 days of me putting it on. The only products to date that I have found that don't do that are Nail Life from Sally Beauty and Sally Hansen Mega Strength nail polish. 

I don't care how expensive or cheap my polish is or what I do to prep my nails, it peels off.    

Frequent Contributor

So I decided to try the Julep Cured kit that QVC had on sale for about $20.  I did the base coat, two coats of polish, and the top coat, and on day three it still looks really good.  I'm not in love with the polish colors though.  The purple/burgundy color is just sort of odd, and without the topcoat it is weirdly matte.  The pale pink is super sheer even at 2 coats.

Trusted Contributor

I have used Essie for years. I just got two collections  of polish from Londontown on HSN and the reviews were good. I haven't tried them yet.

I also have four collections of colors from  Nails inc and two collections from Olive and June coming next week. All have gotten good reviews so I figured I would try them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 How long do the Static Nails last compared to others?  I am interested in trying.  My polish usually last only 1 or 2 days.

Honored Contributor

I love OPI polish.  Their colors arevtops!!!

I use Revlon's base coat and high shine top coats.  My nails can go almost 2 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a bottle of L.A. Colors Color Last polish at the Walmart because I liked the color along with the top coat by the same company.  It's on day 5 and still looks great! $1.98 a bottle.  Went back and got more colors.  Also bought L.A. Colors polish remover pads.  32 to a container.  Acetone free and removes polish very fast.  98¢ each...DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:

I bought a bottle of L.A. Colors Color Last polish at the Walmart because I liked the color along with the top coat by the same company.  It's on day 5 and still looks great! $1.98 a bottle.  Went back and got more colors.  Also bought L.A. Colors polish remover pads.  32 to a container.  Acetone free and removes polish very fast.  98¢ each...DW

I passed on these because they are made in China. 

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I mostly only do my toes, so you know that last much longer than fingers. I have used it on my fingers & it lasted several days. It's been a while since I did my fingers. Sorry, I can't help more.

They do have 40% off on the Static Nails web site.

Let us know if you decide to try it!