Honored Contributor

Have they really sold 8 million Josie Maran body butter?

Shawn said this the other night.  Did I misunderstand or was she just exaggerating?  I currently use First Aid Beauty but if her product is that well liked perhaps I should try it.  I like the First Aid in comparison to Philosophy, my old stand by.  So what is important to me is quick aborbancy.  I can't stand that greasy feel from most products.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have they really sold 8 million Josie Maran body butter?

@depglass   Not sure how many they have sold, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I like her body butter.  I try to buy it around the holiday season when it is on sale.  I think it is her best product, and is really the only product of hers that I use anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn exxggerate? Surely you jest @depglass LOL  I tried it and did not like it but that's just my opinion, I like Beekmans better.

Respected Contributor

Well...that's why girlfriend is always tan and smiling! 😄

I do love her body butters. Not buying anything now...been using up all beauty products I already have stashed all summer. Plenty of Philosophy body butters and one tinted JM body butter that is taking forever to go through since I seldom use tinted. My mom had bought it and gave to me...it was JUMBO sized!

I'm set on everything in every category of clothing, beauty, until holiday gifting season. 

Respected Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me on that number. I use her body butters & love them over others I have tryed. The ones I use are her unscented, Vanilla Bean & when I can get it Vanilla & Pear. Mostly in the cooler weather.

Esteemed Contributor

i love First Aid Beauty....family and friends love it, too......much more effective than josie moran.....jmo.....

Respected Contributor

Her body butter does take awhile to absorb into the skin...something you mentioned that you dislike.  I like and use some of the WEN body products and they go in right away.  I do have one Josie body butter with a little left and I do like it...I just have to wait about 15mins for it to fully absorb.  I don't plan on purchasing again to be honest as I have others I like better.  

Respected Contributor

I suggest you try it because you can return it (but yep it will cost you) and only you can decide how much you are willing to pay to try it.  Otherwise I would get a small container first.  Lots of people like/love it but I find it feels too greasy and it doesn't absorb quickly on me.  I also don't particularly like her scents.  We are all so different it's hard to know if you are in the majority or the minority.  I just finally used up the one I have because I only use it on my legs at night and don't use it every night.  Just decided not to waste it by tossing it.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn and QVC could get in big trouble if she makes something up like that.  

I'm guessing that she means individual jars of it, including jars sold with other products in kits, all the small jars they've sold, etc.   

I have used both First Aid Beauty and the JM body butter and there is no comparison for me.  The JM body butter is far and above the FAB cream.  FAB was not good for my super dry skin, especially my legs.  When I applied it in the morning, by that evening my legs were very itchy again.

However, I am using JR Watkins body lotion right now and I am loving it.  I found it on clearance at a local store for under $5.00 and I'm very impressed.  I need to see how it does in the winter.

Respected Contributor

Tried it a few times, wanted to like it, but NO. It just does not sink into my skin at all. Leaves me greasy and I can't stand that...no wonder Josie glows all the time! The only product of Beekman's I've tried is the unscented goat milk hand cream and I really like those a lot...have on auto delivery. I did try the First Aid you mentioned and I liked it but it always had this funny smell I did not care for.

All this just my experience with JM body butters as others love it and have had a totally different experience, obviously.