Respected Contributor

Re: Best and worst beauty purchases for 2020

Worst- BELLE set of mascara and eyeliner. Trashed. Everything from her is useless. No staying power or pigment. Second time burned with her products.- Never again.

TWEAKED Cleansing Volumnizing Scrub Very drying and hair tangles. I have oily hair and will use up on the scalp only. 

Best-YSL Mascara- Pricey but very nice and need lash help with glasses and wearing masks to highlight eyes. Also liked Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara.

Esteemed Contributor

Best:  Luna II by Foreo to replace the Clarisonic    
                L'Oréal 10% Glycolic Acid

LaRoche-Posay moisturizer with SPF

L'ORÉAL brow stylist and Definer pencil 

Thanks to QVC posters for the recommendations above !

Worst: all the brow products I bought and either returned 

or trashed.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

BEST:  Bad Gal Bang Mascara.  I think this is the same formula as Benefit's They're Real Mascara.  Both of them are non-flaking and give good definition with one coat, or you can do a second coat without clumping.  The Bang has a simpler brush that seems to deposit more mascara.  

WORST:  Pat McGrath set of three sample lipsticks from Sephora.  I actually trashed these and it takes a lot for me to throw out lipsticks, since my collection is over 100.  

Respected Contributor

@TY My best would be BOOTS No 7 protect and perfect day cream.                                               My worst was WEN.

Honored Contributor

@TY I have always wondered about that Conair brush dryer. I've read that it doesn't work well on shorter hair because the brush is too large. So I didn't want to spend the money.

My best purchase was Hask Keratin protein blow dry spray. Inexpensive

I have been living well off my preexisting beauty stash this year, so trying to think of a worst. Probably mint green Essie polish that I bought for my toes just for something fun. It looked awful.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"
Honored Contributor

For the worst---those dumb Beauty spy items from HSN that supposedly you spray on and then rub the dead skin off---go one  for feet and another for the body----sent them both back----WHAT was I thinking!!!!!!???????

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

For the worst---those dumb Beauty spy items from HSN that supposedly you spray on and then rub the dead skin off---go one  for feet and another for the body----sent them both back----WHAT was I thinking!!!!!!???????

@wagirl  - I saw that presentation on HSN that supposedly takes the dead skin off the feet.  It makes you think dead skin is rolling off, but it's actually just the product balling up and rolling off.  Silly.

Peter Thomas Roth also has that same type of product - Peeling X Gel where it appears that skin is rubbing off, but it's just the product balling up and rolling off.  It's top rated, but there are several reviews where the reviewer knows the product is rolling off and not dead skin.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  @wagirl I would be more interested in one of those where you put it on and leave for a half hour or so and then a week or two later your feet peel.  But, while my feet aren't pretty, I guess because I wear socks all the time they really aren't in that bad a shape as far as rough skin goes.

Trusted Contributor

Best purchases:  The Dr. Kaplan daily facial.  Really sets my skin up for the day time treatments and makeup.  Worth the price.

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream.  Honest, no kidding.  I put it on last after serum, eyecream and regular moisturizer and makeup looks wonderful - any kind of foundation, no matter it its my high end Chanel or my everyday Elf.  Whatever is in that stuff is truly magic.  Pricey though, but works better than any regular primer I've ever purchased.

Worst: Tatcha primer.  The solid one in the compact.  Every foundation I tried with this separated and looked lousy.  

Super Contributor

Great post!  

Best:  Dyson Airwrap (wildly expensive but for me worth it)

Kerasal foot cream 

Dr. Nassif Hydro Screen - feels like velvet and works as advertised.

Worst:  Sephora pencil eye liner