Esteemed Contributor

having a hard time finding a razor for my underarms that gives a close shave.    I'm so tired of razors that don't get every hair plus difficult getting a close shave,  hate those dots !!!! Tried many different brands of disposable razors and none  do the job as I would like.   Legs no problem I have fine hair there and Very little any shaver will do the job .

any suggestions ?   😺

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Razor for underarms ?

Sorry I won't be of much help I think.  My underarms are very sensitive and if I try to shave too close I get a shave burn (rash) or even a tiny pimple or two.  

I feel better (less irritated) when I don't try to shave too closely.  Just a few swipes with a disposable razor.  If I miss an area I go over it again in a couple of days, giving the skin a rest in between.  

I think you are seeking a perfection that doesn't exist.  Do the best you can and then let it go.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Sorry I won't be of much help I think.  My underarms are very sensitive and if I try to shave too close I get a shave burn (rash) or even a tiny pimple or two.  

I feel better (less irritated) when I don't try to shave too closely.  Just a few swipes with a disposable razor.  If I miss an area I go over it again in a couple of days, giving the skin a rest in between.  

I think you are seeking a perfection that doesn't exist.  Do the best you can and then let it go.

@PinkyPetunia   Actually that is another  of my problems as well ,  razor burn or rash .  My derm gave me some ointment to put on after shaving .    Funny though when I'm able to get a close shave every so often I notice I don't get any problems ,   It's when I don't that  I do . 

Respected Contributor

I've been using the inexpensive Clio Palmperfect electric razors for almost 20 years. Terrible for legs; great for underarms.

Respected Contributor

Posted this before:  gave myself the gift of time and freedom from shaving for my 50th birthday.  I am grateful for the electrolysis for the 25+ years of forgetting about shaving.  

It also keeps odor from appearing. Unless I am shaping and trimming the holly bushes, don't need deodorant or antiperspirant either.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I recently started using a new razor - Billie is the brand. You can purchase a starter kit from their website for $9 and you get the handle and 2 blades. I've used Venus razors for as long as I can remember but started having irritation under my arms. I've switched to natural deodorant (Kopari brand) and the Billie razor and thankfully no more issues. I definitely feel the Billie gives a closer shave than the Venus and I swear it stays smoother longer. I will continue to buy them. They are actually cheaper as well. Good luck finding something that works!
Honored Contributor

I use the BIC Flex 4 Sensitive Hybrid Men's 4-Blade Disposable Razor, 4 Cartridges and 1 Handle - works great.

BIC Flex 4 Sensitive Hybrid Men's 4-Blade Disposable Razor, 1 Handle 1 Pack
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks !   I will check out the Billie razor and the Bic flex hopefully I can find what will work for me .   The Venus was the last I tried , not a close shave and irritation as well. 

Frequent Contributor

Good luck! I can only speak to my experience, but the Billie has worked out well for me.