Trusted Contributor

Re: Best High-End Foundation??

I use this also and it does not take much and I use a make up brush to put it on or at times my fingers but a bottle that I use foundation 2-3 times a week has lasted me about 8 months maybe longer.

Frequent Contributor

I've used the Tarte foundation and MUFE.  I preferred the MUFE. Based upon your description of your skin type and the fact that you want something for a special occasion (flawless look - more coverage?), I recommend the original Estee Lauder Double Wear.  It will make your skin look look flawless.  Has a matte finish.  Plenty of light shade options.  

Respected Contributor

I have normal to dry skin, more dry in winter. I would suggest from HSN born this way from two faced or from QVC Mally Defender. The Mally defender in the tube wears the best of   all 3 you mentioned.

I put my makeup on around 5 PM and wash it off around 7  AM the next morning.

I use a Real Techniques expert face brush for any liquid or mousse foundation.

The Mally comes in a large tube and a little goes a long long way so go easy.

those  are the two  I would recommend BUT for a great drugstore foundation lasts and looks and feels great I reach for my L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi.

Frequent Contributor

I love the Born This Way. Its targeted to normal to dry skintypes and i have dry skin so my skin loves it too. I love the skin-like finish. Might make you shiney if you have oily skin. I found the Amazonian foundation a little thick and heavy for my taste but it seems that makeup is targeted to oily skin types, so maybe it just didn't mesh well with my dry skin. Never tried the new Makeup Forever, but i did try the older one. It wasn't overly thick but it felt heavy.
Respected Contributor

Elizabeth Arden "Ceramide Mousse" foundation...

This is awsome, no touch up's all day, never cakes, dry's out, I love it...