Honored Contributor

Belk Is Discounting "Some" Beauty Brands!

[ Edited ]

I ordered my Clinique lipsticks and Bobbi Brown.

A lot of the brand items are discounted as "Doorbusters".

Trusted Contributor

Re: Belk Is Discounting "Some" Beauty Brands!

@ECBG Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Perhaps some brands do not do well enough to have designated counters in the store?

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

@ECBG Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Perhaps some brands do not do well enough to have designated counters in the store?

-Solar Smiley Happy

@Solar Is My Name 

Some brands refuse to allow discounts.  I learned that after I went into retail.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased Clinique in a department store in years, there are usually good deals on their website & I often find what I need at TJMaxx, etc.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I haven't purchased Clinique in a department store in years, there are usually good deals on their website & I often find what I need at TJMaxx, etc.

@software 

May I ask, does Clinique have a loyalty program?  Bobbi Brown does.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@software wrote:

@software 

May I ask, does Clinique have a loyalty program?  Bobbi Brown does.

Thanks.

I don't know, I don't buy enough to use any kind of loyalty program.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

-Solar Smiley Happy

@Solar Is My Name 

Some brands refuse to allow discounts.  I learned that after I went into retail.

@ECBG  Haha, have you ever read all the exclusions on a Belk Coupon?  Pretty much all designer named clothing is excluded and almost always all shoes.  I was able to use a coupon once for some shoes and the lady who rang me up wasn't even aware that they were allowing shoes.  She said "they never allow shoes."  

It's kinda like those Ulta coupons that exclude all prestige brands.  Well, that's everything except what you could get at a drugstore.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Celebrate!  As you know, I worked for Belk after hurting my back at Dillards. 

I learned about their coupon "rotation" you might say.  Occasionally, at the change of seasons or near a holiday, we would be told "certain exclusions" would be removed for a small period of time.

With Belk it is smart to read the fine print often.  Cosmetics is in the first or second line.  The gamble comes between someone buying your item before the coupon changes.