Respected Contributor

Anyone Else Miss This Shampoo?

Last week while at my hairdresser, we talked about this shampoo  The original Clarol Herbal Essence.  I used this in high school and I sure wish I had a bottle now.  I loved the scent.💕🌿🌱7BB65500-26CE-49A6-9618-DEBBD69A8CD1.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Miss This Shampoo?

I used it in high school too, along with other popular products of the day.  Can't say that I actually miss it, I like what I'm using now, but there is that nostalgic feeling that comes with reminiscing about past products.  it did have a great scent.

Trusted Contributor

Not really. I used to use Wella Balsam Herbal Shampoo. I do miss that!

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties  - Yes, when I was a teen I used to accompany my mom to the grocery store, every time we passed through the shampoo aisle I would open up a bottle of this shampoo to get a whiff of it, loved the scent.   My mom always purchased Prell shampoo for the family.  The Herbal Essences shampoo today does not have the original scent, JMO.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I had a Yankee Candle "Greenhouse" that smelled exactly like that shampoo

Honored Contributor

What do you miss about it? Sounds like it's the fragrance.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties 

I loved that shampoo! It was like a special treat every time I washed my hair. Yes I miss that fragrance.

There's a vendor on Etsy who is selling a perfume oil in the original scent. Reviews are very good, too. I think I might give it a try. About $10, free shippy. Etsy search:

Herbal Essence (Original) Perfume Roll On Oil. Vegan, Cruelty Free + Phthalate Free. Perfect Travel Size. Clairol 70s Classic Shampoo Scent.  by SOMETHINSPECIAL

Trusted Contributor

I remember using Prell in High School.  I liked the fragrance.  Now it would probably strip the color out of my hair.   

Respected Contributor

Vermont Country Store used to sell a knock off version that was great, but no longer. They still carry some "back in the day" shampoos. Lemon Up comes to mind

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@4kitties Loved that shampoo.  Some things should be left alone -- they are perfect as is -- and never changed.  This is one.