Trusted Contributor

What do you all think of Beautypedia?  Have you noticed changes over the years?  I've been enjoying Beautypedia since its subscription days.  I was browsing around just now and I feel like it's awfully skimpy.  I'm having a hard time recommending things for a friend in need.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Just a note:  Beautypedia has been separate from Paula's Choice for some time now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I rarely remember to check it now since it’s pretty sparse with reviews. It’s too bad because her reviews have made her what she is today both in books and online. Now it’s about sell, sell, sell. 

Contributor

I agree - I used to rely on that site for everything - and now there isn’t as much info.  I mean, she wrote plenty of books about that very thing - which put her on the map - so I wish it were kept up better.  I like some of her products - but - wish the Beautypedia site had more in it.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  Just took a look at the site and "skimpy" and "sparse" it is.  Used to be such a reliable resource that I paid for a subscription, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I never followed Beautypedia.  I checked it out for maybe a year a loooong time ago.  Any product that my skin loved and responded to, Beautypedia gave the lowest rating.  And any product that gave me a breakout, Beautypedia gave 5 stars.   So I thought it was a big joke.  Everyone's skin is different and we need to use what works for us.  Makes sense to me that once Paula started making her own products, she quit updating recommendations on others.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

So true.  The products I used and liked always got a pitiful rating. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~