Honored Contributor

So, had to go to Ulta today.  Really needed to do a bunch of yard work, but I was completely out of eye makeup remover and I will need it tomorrow.  I've been trying to get there all week, but today was the first chance I actually got.  

Well, besides my beloved Lancome Bi-facil, I also ended up picking up cotton swabs which I was also completely out of.  Then, there's the Too Faced Sketch eyeliner in black.  I really meant to get a different one that was shown in their flyer, but forgot what it was I wanted.  Also picked up Red Carpet Hyper Hydrator cuticle moisturizer.  Really hope it helps my cuticles, but I might end up needing the softener. 

Right before I got to the checkout line there was a stand that had clearance items.  I have never tried anything from Algenist and found Cocentrated Reconstructing Serum for half price for $49.  I don't know if QVC sells this particular product or how the pirce compares, but thought I would give it a try. 

And, then after I get in the checkout line there's the stand that usually has all the minis and such.  Well, I found a Nars Orgasm blush.  I'm not sure if it's considered a smaller size or not.  The packaging is a lot more sleek than my Tarte blushes, but it's .16 oz vs Tarte's .20 oz.  Either way, it'll last me forever.  Funny though, I didn't see a Nars section there, so maybe the checkout line is the only place to get it there.  I know when I was looking for a Nars foundation they told me they didn't carry it.  

Ulta to me is like other people's Wal-mart.  Can never get out of there without buying more than I went there for.  But, the Nars purchase was something I was thinking about getting anyways, so it saved me a trip to Sephora.

Honored Contributor

Some Ulta's carry NARS and some don't. Same with Lancome. I have that little NARS Orgasm blush which is next on my NARS blushes to use. I am hitting pan on a NARS Orgasm blush with Laguna bronzer set. I use the Orgasm more than the Laguna bronzer. I find that the bronzer is too much for my face but works better as a darker brownish blush for me.

The NARS 16 Ozs. blush is their regular sized blush.

Ulta has a 3 combo Orgasm set with lip gloss, Orgasm stick and the blush which is 12 Ozs.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Some Ulta's carry NARS and some don't. Same with Lancome. I have that little NARS Orgasm blush which is next on my NARS blushes to use. I am hitting pan on a NARS Orgasm blush with Laguna bronzer set. I use the Orgasm more than the Laguna bronzer. I find that the bronzer is too much for my face but works better as a darker brownish blush for me.

Ulta has a 3 combo Orgasm set with lip gloss, Orgasm stick and the blush which is 12 Ozs.

The N Orgasm blush is so bright in the container, had I not had a tester to try out prior there is no way I would buy it.  The tester also looked bright.  It was one of those magazine inserts.  So, I was pleasantly surprised that it did not go on that bright. I have fair skin and have to use a light hand with the blush.

Honored Contributor

I always start with a light hand when using blush and I find that many blushes look darker in the compact than when in use.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Ulta is just a mile from the house but I don't shop there.  I did, however, order a few things because this current sale had what I needed at prices I was willing to pay.

Picked up a couple Laura Geller baked blushes at $16 each.  Rumor has it Ulta will no longer be carrying LG, so I expect prices to remain on the low side.

Ordered eyeshadow and tried a couple Ulta singles that were $4.  Not bad!  Very pretty colors.

Then a couple konjac sponges.

Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but the box showed up at my door on Friday.  Carefully packaged so every item was intact -- no breakage, no mess.

Impressed! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The N Orgasm blush is so bright in the container, had I not had a tester to try out prior there is no way I would buy it.  The tester also looked bright.  It was one of those magazine inserts.  So, I was pleasantly surprised that it did not go on that bright. I have fair skin and have to use a light hand with the blush.

@Icegoddess 

I ordered Laura Geller baked blushes and ended up with colors I've tried instead of something new.  Some say her Peach Delight is a dupe for the NARS blush but it was just so vibrant that I had to pass.  Must be a dupe because it sold out fast.

There was a thread here recently that listed inexpensive NARS dupes so I ended up ordering a couple wet n wild blushes that were on sale at Walgreens.  I won't know how similar they are because I've never used NARS, but the price was right. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee   Try Milani cosmetics blush in Luminoso-dupe for Nars O*****.

Cost= $8.00

I use this and love it; I've been using this line and really like the concealer, brow gel in Taupe,KeepIt Full lip glosses, blush also in Petal Primavera (dupe for B Brown Antigua).

Walmart carries full line as well as online out of LA.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@just bee   Try Milani cosmetics blush in Luminoso-dupe for Nars O*****.

Cost= $8.00

I use this and love it; I've been using this line and really like the concealer, brow gel in Taupe,KeepIt Full lip glosses, blush also in Petal Primavera (dupe for B Brown Antigua).

Walmart carries full line as well as online out of LA.

@maestra 

Oh, I know!  I was going back and forth between LG and Milani for the longest time.  I had my eye on both Luminoso and Dolce Pink.  (Incidentally, Target sells these for $6.99.)

I've been using the same LG baked blush palette since 2010 (!) and can't believe how long her blushes have lasted.

Now I have two full-size and I just ordered two wet n wild blushes.  I may still cave and try the Milani, but then I'll have to find someone to leave all these blushes to in my will because I suspect they'll outlive me. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@just bee   I have brushes for a decade or longer as well.

Wont have to buy new ones though.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@just bee   I have brushes for a decade or longer as well.

Wont have to buy new ones though.

@maestra 

It's a little scary how large the LG baked blushes look.  I wonder if I can use them to paint the kitchen.