Super Contributor

Re: Beauty brands that are no more

@piperbay wrote:

I remember buying Hazel Bishop lipstick. It was really pigmented. Wish they still made it.

I remember that lipstick.  The only one that lasted for me. I wonder what the ingredients were. 

Super Contributor

Cutex nail polish and lipstick.... Bonnie Bell ten-O-six and White White, Tangee, Revlon's Natural Wonder line,Max Factor pancake make-up..........

Super Contributor

I really liked Mojave Magic. They made a liquid gave bronzer that was the best,
Valued Contributor

I loved Revlon's Moon Drops moisturizer! The main ingredient was Sweet Almond Oil. It smelled heavenly and was so excellent!  Revlon used to be sold only in high end stores and they had fabulous skin care and make-up.

Trusted Contributor

I remember buying Angel Face cosmetics at Woolworth's when I was a young teenager.  I think it was actually made by Ponds.

Respected Contributor

@@Katrinka23 wrote:

Germaine Monteil

@Katrinka23 Oh yes Germaine Monteil Champagne perfume. I had one of the bottles with stars.  Also in the 60's I wore 

Faberge Tigress,Woodhue, and Aphrodesia. I am tempted to buy Tigress from Vermont Country Store but I am afraid I will be disappointed

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@65andfabulous, I used Revlon Moondrops moisturizer for years. It was $9 a bottle at Macy's and I thought it was terribly expensive! I also fell in love with Moondrops lipsticks, which are now called Revlon Lustrous lipsticks. I started buying the color Softsilver Red when it was a Moondrops product. Still use Softsilver Red today, only today I buy it at the supermarket.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is Indian Earth still around? It came in a little earthen pot with a big cork. It could be used for everything from lipstick to eye shadow to foundation/bronzer.....

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

Is Indian Earth still around? It came in a little earthen pot with a big cork. It could be used for everything from lipstick to eye shadow to foundation/bronzer.....

@We rescue cats  I used to use that back in the seventies.

Valued Contributor

Tame Creme Rinse.  Still miss it.