Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty brands that are no more

Helena Rubenstein, Germaine Monteil, Charles of the Ritz

these were very popular brands sold in dept stores in the 70's and earlier. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is a fun read.....lots of memories in this thread.

Heaven Scent cologne. Wore it for years back in my late teens and 20's. Then one of my friends pointed out that Heaven Scent was childish and I should switch to a "grown up" fragrance.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
This is a fun read.....lots of memories in this thread.

Heaven Scent cologne. Wore it for years back in my late teens and 20's. Then one of my friends pointed out that Heaven Scent was childish and I should switch to a "grown up" fragrance.

FYI....I just bought a bottle of Heaven Scent from fragrancenet.com

Respected Contributor

This smelled delectable, and had a nice, clean scent. It was Bonne Bell, and it had to be the lotion. Like all body lotions, I'd apply it as a sachet--a little behind the ears, and on my wrists. Like Tova Signature, men loved this. a3b3c0f7ad57d6f7b5cd51972a8be4d2.jpg

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Sweet earth solid perfumes by Coty. Came in a compact, and the had several versions, and they had a fruit version, too.  I think early to mid seventies.  I was 11 or 12, and got both one Christmas.  Loved these.

Esteemed Contributor

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@piperbay wrote:

I remember buying Hazel Bishop lipstick. It was really pigmented. Wish they still made it.

I was going to mention Hazel Bishop. This was such a nice brand.

My Great Aunt would always give me some nice cosmetics from this line at the holidays. They were a nice drugstore brand.

Also, I liked Wella Balsam shampoo. My paternal Gramma used to use this, so when I'd visit her, I would use hers. I really liked the shampoo and its fragrance.

My sister used to like Vidal Sasoon shampoo and conditioner and she'd let me use hers. 

I liked Redken's Amino Pon shampoo back in the late 70's. It had the loveliest fragrance to it, plus it used to leave my hair really soft and silky.

Regular Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Principal Secret.  Simple and it worked.  

@brandiwine  Principal Secret is still around. Victoria Secret sold her company to Guthy Renker. You can find the line at Principalsecretdotcom. It's the same products with the same 60 day bottom of the jar guarantee.

Do you mean Victoria Principal? 

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

Tame Creme Rinse.  Still miss it. 

I loved that stuff! We always had it in the shower in the seventies and early eighties.  I'm glad you remembered that. 

Regular Contributor

DuBarry Foundation Lotion.   My mother used it as a moisturizer. A foundation lotion was so mysterious to me. What is a foundation?ha! When I got older she gave me my own bottle. (I moved on from Bonnie Bell) I loved the smell. It was sold at a wonderful drug store LINED with cosmetics floor to ceiling.  I still can smell it in my mind.