Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases Week End 8/2/19

Hi Beauties,  Happy August!  I am a late riser so I create this thread on Thursday night.  I did not have any beauty purchases this past week.

Have a great weekend.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Week End 8/2/19

More lipgloss and hand cream and bath gel from Avon.
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Good morning

I made 2 purchases at Sephora this week, which I usually don't do often . I use cruelty free brands and many times my local store is out of the product or does'nt carry it in store.This time I was lucky . I  purchased the Ilia Color Haze multi use pigment in Before Today a dusty mauve . I love the ease of mutli use products but some tend to be oily this is a creamy formula . I also purchased the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon crayon in Dark Pearl for Brown Eyes . These are eyeshadow pencil made to enhance your specific eye color . They have 2 for each eye color . I must say it is beautiful , really makes the color pop with little effort. 

Have a great weekend ! 

Honored Contributor

A few more items from Korres line---am loving it all--now will go thru and toss a few of the things I haven;t used in awhile-----what comes in--more goes out !!

Trusted Contributor

Thankfully, nothing this week.  I have way too much in my makeup area already.

Respected Contributor

I stopped off at the drugstore yesterday on the way home from work and picked up a Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation and a Covergirl Outlast lip color, I've used the foundation for years and really like it, but it's just a tad too yellow/dark. I got a lighter shade to see if that works better. I had used the lip color a long time ago but haven't had one in years. I rarely wear lip color but thought it would be nice to have one long wear lip product just in case I would like something for an event. I haven't tried either one yet so we'll see if I keep them or not, That's why I like stopping by Rite Aid. It's a bit more expensive but I can return or exchange anything that doesn't work. 

Respected Contributor

I got the new Josie Marian vitamin c oil. I will have to use it for a bit and see if it’s any good. It’s a little heavier than I would like for daytime use but we’ll see.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I mentioned here a few days ago that Kohl's is discontinuing their Mally makeup line and selling all remaining Mally products for $10 each.   Since the Mally primers and eye shadow sticks are my absolute favorites, I stocked up!   Also got to use Kohl's Kash and a 30%-off coupon.  Huuuge haul for less than I'd normally pay for one primer.  Woohoo!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I went through my Maybelline and L'Oreal beauty items and looked up their batch codes on Checkfresh to see when they were manufactured and surprizingly enough some items I bought back in 2018 and this year were manufactured in early 2016 making them more than 3 years old so I did a declutter of some Maybelline and L'Oreal cosmetics and repurchased a new Maybelline Master Contour palette in the light shade. This is a favorite of mine as I like the blush shade, the bronzer shade, and the subtle highlighter shade too.

I also bought some Shiseido SPF 50 sunscreens at Winners for $7 each as they expire at the end of the year or in January of next year. I'll use them up before then. I've been being more conscience of applying more sunscreen and more often too.

Lastly I bought my daughter a Neutrogena oil cleanser to try. I also saw this at Winners and I'm not sure why I haven't seen this in the drugstores in Canada as it's the first step in a double cleanse.