Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Claims Overblown?

On 3/28/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

I think the MOST important is to EAT healthy...... you age from the INside OUT

if your skin is dry, dehydrate WHICH besides as we age collagen breakdown, slow cell turnover and your body not producing what it did when we were young.... to then cause lines, slackened skin, wrinkles

You have to feed your cells with GOOD healthy foods, supplements to replace what declines as we age

I think THAT is 1st -

2nd is:

I do however think that cleansing & a good serum OR moisturizer for moisture / hydration is good on the skin - maybe some peptides OR vitamin c OR a skincare helps to nourish the skin, protect the skin, helps to balance the skin BUT i do believe it is ALL mainly from WITHIN the body out

a BIG thing is SPF sun block NOT sunscreen - BLOCK

and to exfoliate once a week - or 2 times a month

I do buy skincare - SKINN, ISOMERS etc............ many years ago Elysee, SSC etc.........

and the past 2 weeks or so:

2 SKINN correct & brightening kits

1 SKINN prep & resurface Kit

ISOMERS immortal vials

Isomers NEW immortal eye kit AUTO SHIP

Isomers 6 piece INTENSE age renewal AUTO SHIP

PLUS I have ALL of the other SKINN products SECRET ELIXER, LIP OIL< Huile 3 piece WITH Vitamin C powder, DermAppeal, Stem Rejen EYE & FACE purchased in the past FEW months

PLUS argan oil

AND Argan Oil Milk

I mean OM Goshhhhhhhhh - ??? why WHAT in the WORLD am I ...........WAS I thinking

I know I can rotate........ BUT this is JUST overkill in product. I need to just find ONE thing a GOOD serum & and Oil nourishing, moisturizing, hydrating oil - 1 GOOD exfoliant - AND continue using SPF

I do AND have DONE for years - Botox, IPL's, Skin Tightening Treatment, AHA / BHA peels, TCA peels

Micro dermpen 3

AND - Dec - Jan I was in a STUDY for Venue Viva & now I am doing 3 Venus Viva's at 100% along with IPL's

I just think at this point ..... I NEED to take out ALL of my skincare......... sit it in front of me AND really think about what I really want AND what my skin really needs AND can benefit from

I have used SKINN for years but maybe think it is time to use something else for a while and that would be Isomers

THAT all SAID: I really like ISOMERS immortal - Glutathiosome High Potency Face Serum - RE-Lift Amino Face Serum & SKINNS lipid oil ....... cocktailing a pump of the Glutathiosome with the Lipid Oil AM & cocktailing the RE-;ift Amino with the Lipid Oil for PM

EYE AREA: Isomers immortal ALTHOUGH I do LOVE SKINN's Advanced EYE Serum & Balm

using SKINN's Dermappeal 2 times a month AND his AM cleanser daily

AND using Dermalogica DAILY microfoliant in the PM or everyother night

SKINNS - correct & brighten Kit I am going to use mainly on my chest area to see if I can CORRECT and even out that area

still think this i alot BUT....................................

wow that is alot of stuff. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Valued Contributor

I stick with a cream cleanser, Vitamin C serum and a good moisturizer. One thing I would HIGHLY recommend is to apply SUNBLOCK each and every morning. (Face, neck and hands) Prevention is key.
Esteemed Contributor

This has been true since the days of Cleopatra, so nothing new.

Esteemed Contributor

Beauty products are very big money makers - that's why every week, they're pushing new products. I'm 74 yrs young - and use very few products -- just the basics from Walmart or Costco. My skin looks great.

Occasional Contributor

I watch a lot of qvc and while I love many many products my skin care routine of choice is Rodan & Fields. I feel like qvc offers so many options and all make the same or similar claims. With R&F I can customize to what suits my skin. I have loved my results so much I recently became a consultant. If you're interested in more info. Let me know.
Regular Contributor

On 3/28/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/28/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

I think the MOST important is to EAT healthy...... you age from the INside OUT

if your skin is dry, dehydrate WHICH besides as we age collagen breakdown, slow cell turnover and your body not producing what it did when we were young.... to then cause lines, slackened skin, wrinkles

You have to feed your cells with GOOD healthy foods, supplements to replace what declines as we age

I think THAT is 1st -

2nd is:

I do however think that cleansing & a good serum OR moisturizer for moisture / hydration is good on the skin - maybe some peptides OR vitamin c OR a skincare helps to nourish the skin, protect the skin, helps to balance the skin BUT i do believe it is ALL mainly from WITHIN the body out

a BIG thing is SPF sun block NOT sunscreen - BLOCK

and to exfoliate once a week - or 2 times a month

I do buy skincare - SKINN, ISOMERS etc............ many years ago Elysee, SSC etc.........

and the past 2 weeks or so:

2 SKINN correct & brightening kits

1 SKINN prep & resurface Kit

ISOMERS immortal vials

Isomers NEW immortal eye kit AUTO SHIP

Isomers 6 piece INTENSE age renewal AUTO SHIP

PLUS I have ALL of the other SKINN products SECRET ELIXER, LIP OIL< Huile 3 piece WITH Vitamin C powder, DermAppeal, Stem Rejen EYE & FACE purchased in the past FEW months

PLUS argan oil

AND Argan Oil Milk

I mean OM Goshhhhhhhhh - ??? why WHAT in the WORLD am I ...........WAS I thinking

I know I can rotate........ BUT this is JUST overkill in product. I need to just find ONE thing a GOOD serum & and Oil nourishing, moisturizing, hydrating oil - 1 GOOD exfoliant - AND continue using SPF

I do AND have DONE for years - Botox, IPL's, Skin Tightening Treatment, AHA / BHA peels, TCA peels

Micro dermpen 3

AND - Dec - Jan I was in a STUDY for Venue Viva & now I am doing 3 Venus Viva's at 100% along with IPL's

I just think at this point ..... I NEED to take out ALL of my skincare......... sit it in front of me AND really think about what I really want AND what my skin really needs AND can benefit from

<br />

I have used SKINN for years but maybe think it is time to use something else for a while and that would be Isomers

THAT all SAID: I really like ISOMERS immortal - Glutathiosome High Potency Face Serum - RE-Lift Amino Face Serum & SKINNS lipid oil ....... cocktailing a pump of the Glutathiosome with the Lipid Oil AM & cocktailing the RE-;ift Amino with the Lipid Oil for PM

EYE AREA: Isomers immortal ALTHOUGH I do LOVE SKINN's Advanced EYE Serum & Balm

<br />

SKINNS - correct & brighten Kit I am going to use mainly on my chest area to see if I can CORRECT and even out that area

<br />

still think this i alot BUT....................................

wow that is alot of stuff. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

LOL HappyDaze...... I know!!! I think what I am going to do is........... SELL and/or GIVE EVERYTHING I have & get down to:

ISOMERS - Glutathiosome High Potency Face Serum - RE-Lift Amino Face Serum & SKINNS lipid oil ....... cocktailing a pump of the Glutathiosome with the Lipid Oil AM & cocktailing the RE-;ift Amino with the Lipid Oil for PM

EYE AREA: Isomers immortal

SKINN's Advanced EYE Serum & Balm

SKINNS - correct & brighten Kit I am going to use mainly on my CHEST area to see if I can CORRECT and even out that area

I mean what I have is INSANE and what I have purchased in the past month EVEN more INSANE

OH....... I forgot - I ALSO purchased BORGHESE 4 piece "forever fango" set WITH 6 pods - 1st time trying these muds and was a HUGE HUGE steal OF A deal

they say they exfoliate - fiirm - tone, brighten, hydrate

so going to try these and maybe I wont have to use another exfoliator - I am trying to get away from HARSH granulated exfoliating - I do think it tears the skins surface & that should not be when trying to get of the surface skin PLUS if using a wash cloth your actually getting off the top dead skin AND many products do have a bit of some sort of acid in them

Respected Contributor

I have rosacea and sensitive skin. My derm said no to the Clarisonic for me and suggests Ceravae products period. I can use an otc retinol but he said the scrip stuff would be too rough for me. I use the Ceravae AM with sun screen and the PM formulation. I have tried a lot of philosophy, no 'miracle' for me. I gave up 'hope'. I do like Purity and Hands of Hope.

I never tried any of the other product lines that the Q offers so I can not speak to them.

Super Contributor

Yes, beauty product claims are over blown out of proportion. They target unsuspecting women that believe the hype.

Valued Contributor

I notice a difference between using my routine that includes retin a and some serums vs. just using a cleanser and moisturizer. But I don't look 20 yrs. younger, darn it! Lol! Yes, the claims are overblown just like anything else that people are trying to sell, imo.