Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if anyone here is into beautiful compacts (with or without powder) but I have collected vintage compacts for years. 

A couple of months ago one of my good friends bought me a beautiful compact from a company called Charles Mallory. I love peacocks and this is the one she got me. I LOVE it. It does have powder in it and it is nice as well but I am mainly in love the compact. 

I think these would also make a gorgeous Christmas present for anyone who is into this kind of thing. They have a few other that I have my eye on. They aren't cheap but this is something that lasts a lifetime too. It also has 5x magnification mirror and can be used with loose or pressed powder and contains a removable sifter and puff. 

Peacock Powder Compact

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201

Absolutely  stunning!  So different. Enjoy this beauty in the best of health and all things happy.

Super Contributor

OMG @Irshgrl31201 that is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift from your friend. Can you refill it with your own powder easily?

If you are so inclined, please post pictures of the rest of your collection.

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

Absolutely  stunning!  So different. Enjoy this beauty in the best of health and all things happy.

Thank you so much @rochelleS, I think this is stunning too. Rarely when I receive beauty items have I not heard or am I familiar in some way with the brand just because I have worked in the beauty industry for so long, but I had never heard of these and I just love so many that they have to offer.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

OMG @Irshgrl31201 that is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift from your friend. Can you refill it with your own powder easily?

If you are so inclined, please post pictures of the rest of your collection.

Yes you can refill with either pressed or loose powder @ChazzyLady and it contains a sifter and puff. This is the only one I have so far but I am looking at these. I would also love one injust a solid gold (color) with maybe a beautiful etching on it but I haven't seen one like that so far.

Golden Lily Powder Compact

Chrysanthemum Powder Compact

Fleur de Lis Powder Compact

Honeysuckle Powder Compact

Cornaceae Powder Compact

JFK
Super Contributor

I think they are all very beautiful @Irshgrl31201.  I especially like that black one. I'm afraid that I would be a really bad influence on your bank account since I say buy them all, LOL! Surrounding oneself with beautiful things, not necessarily expensive things, is very uplifting IMHO. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201   Another peacock lover here. Your compact is stunning.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

I think they are all very beautiful @Irshgrl31201.  I especially like that black one. I'm afraid that I would be a really bad influence on your bank account since I say buy them all, LOL! Surrounding oneself with beautiful things, not necessarily expensive things, is very uplifting IMHO. Enjoy!

Oh, that is the one I am thinking about getting @ChazzyLady! You are right, I never thought of it that way but it is uplifting. Every timeI take it out, it puts a smile on my face and I think of my beautiful friend. She always has a knack for picking out the most beautiful gifts for her friends. She puts deep thought into what her friends likes and interests are.

Girl, I am already a bad influence on my bank account! lol! Oh well, you can't take it with it and I feel if your bills are paid and you are giving to others less fortunate, it is ok to get things for yourself!! 

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Irshgrl31201   Another peacock lover here. Your compact is stunning.

Thank you @Tique. If you love peacocks like I do you should pick it up for yourself!!! Or put it on your Christmas list!

JFK
Honored Contributor

100_0035.JPG@Irshgrl31201   I unashamedly stalked the peacocks when I was at a resort in Mexico. I never got the perfect picture but not because I didn't try.

I'm due for a "to me from me" gift so I think I will buy myself the compact.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.