Trusted Contributor

@Dorothy11 Actually Bare Minerals was on QVC well before the first infomercial. I had been buying it from QVC for maybe two years before the first infomercial aired. And it had been on air at least a year before I made my first purchase.

At the time I think the shows were still called Bare Escentuals, as the company primarily produced bath and body products when Leslie took it over. My first orders were from QVC, tho I'm lucky enough to live close enough to the early boutiques to have also purchased from them at times...just a tiny area of the store contained makeup.

Trusted Contributor

@MommaNJ629 I think it's still a major brand (or maybe I should say it's become a major brand). I would imagine that contract negotiation would be totally different for an established brand with many outlets worldwide than for a brand that is being built from a few boutiques in small area of the nation.

I still keep coming back to Bare Minerals original foundation. After almost 20 years It's still my favorite. And we're not even going to discuss how many eyeshadows and blushes I have. Now that contouring is so popular, I keep meaning to dig out the contouring minerals. Leslie was really ahead of the curve on that one!

Super Contributor

I have looked for the mega size mineral veil, but they haven't shown it.  i need some, almost out.

I was thinking yesterday about the old shows how huge and exciting they were.

I have enough eye shadow to stock everyone in my neighborhood!!!

Regular Contributor

I too, remember the "good ol days" -this was the only brand i was ever "brand loyal" to. Everything i used was bare minerals and i used the foundation on everyone i made up. It was seamless and not harmful to the skin. Leslie was amazing. But, like others, as I aged i saw the chalky ashy mask appear as well and it wasnt from my application technique. Have tried many others over the years to not much success. My skin has become so dry that the new serum foundations work best. experimenting with JM's vibrancy and Juice beauty currently. 100% pure has some nice foundations as well. I much prefer small,  indy brands but cant begrudge the success these women have found-I'd do the same I'm sure!

New Contributor

I was wondering the same thing.  At least twice now, QVC has sent me a reminder notice about Bare Minerals and both times, I get another email saying it's been cancelled and not rescheduled.  What's going on?  Do they not have products to promote anymore? 

New Contributor

Plus, I was a little annoyed when I received an email from them calling Bare Mineral a "powder."  I thought it wasnt a powder,I thought it was "crushed minerals."  What gives?  I don't like being lied too.

Honored Contributor

@diannej61 wrote:

Plus, I was a little annoyed when I received an email from them calling Bare Mineral a "powder."  I thought it wasnt a powder,I thought it was "crushed minerals."  What gives?  I don't like being lied too.

@diannej61

You aren't being lied to.    Minerals are crushed down to a powder.   It's a "powder" ... as opposed to a "liquid" foundation.

New Contributor

I have been buying BM since the very early days of Leslie being on QVC.  She was always emphatic that it was NOT powder...that it was crushed minerals and that there is a difference.  Now they are calling it powder and believe it or not, I wasn't the only one who was confused and a bit angered by the switch.