Contributor

Bare Minerals READY Foundation - what are you using instead?

I know I am late to the game here, and I have tried to search for posts about this.

I am beside myself trying to find something that has as good of full coverage as Bare Minerals READY Foundation pressed powder had.  They have discontinued it.  The Bare Pro is a flop for me.  Maybe light to medium coverage.  I have the IT Illumination.  It's ok, but coverage is not the same.  I need a pressed powder that is like a magic eraser.  Why did they discontinue READY????  What have you replaced it with?

Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals READY Foundation - what are you using instead?

[ Edited ]

@dow wrote:

I know I am late to the game here, and I have tried to search for posts about this.

I am beside myself trying to find something that has as good of full coverage as Bare Minerals READY Foundation pressed powder had.  They have discontinued it.  The Bare Pro is a flop for me.  Maybe light to medium coverage.  I have the IT Illumination.  It's ok, but coverage is not the same.  I need a pressed powder that is like a magic eraser.  Why did they discontinue READY????  What have you replaced it with?

Thank you so much.

I was able to find it. just happened to search walmart.com and there it was so I ordered it. shipping was also FREE

Hopes this is helpful!!

Valued Contributor

People are raving about the new Revlon infallable powder foundation.  Fenty powder foundation is also getting good reviews and looks to have excellent coverage.  I've never used either of those or the Bare Minerals Ready foundation.  Jane Iredale pure pressed base has been my go-to for a long time, but it seems like they have changed the formula, and I'm irked with the new compacts and having to pay so much for a refill only.  I just splurged and ordered Chantecaille.  If I don't like It, I'm trying the Fenty and Revlon.  Good luck finding something you enjoy!

Honored Contributor

The Bare PRO pressed powder I have used is Aspen #4. Covers well for me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i have been a bare minerals original foundation user for some 20 years. I can not use anything else (break out). The original foundation goes on flawless for me ( use a good brush, make up forever #124 brush is my favorite brush) to use for applying my foundation.

Honored Contributor

@dow   I use a fluid powder foundaion by Bobbi Brown that has light to medium coverage.  Sweatproof and SPF 20 with close to 30 shades to choose from.  For normal to oily skin.  I am normal.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain Smiley Happy.  I have found it (new)on e-bay.  I search for R210 and just stock up. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

i have been a bare minerals original foundation user for some 20 years. I can not use anything else (break out). The original foundation goes on flawless for me ( use a good brush, make up forever #124 brush is my favorite brush) to use for applying my foundation.

@viva923 

I didn't know anyone else in the world like that brush but me.  I am happy to know I'm not the only one.  In fact, all my favorite brushes are from Makeup Forever.