Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baby Wipes for removing makeup

I like to use actual makeup removing wipes rather than baby wipes.

There are many store brands that probably aren't any more expensive than most baby wipes.

Walmart (Equate) and CVS both have some good generic makeup removing wipes on their shelves, as do many others.

As for store brand wipes, I really like Pond's Exfoliating wipes but Olay, Garnier and most of the other brands have them too.

I bought a makeup/skincare kit from HSN/Signature Club A and one of the items was a pack of vitamin C makeup removing wipes. Omigosh, I just loved those things!! I would love to have them again. Just really nice wipes but kind of $$$ to buy on their own.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe this topic showed up just as I'm looking for a new wipe!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

For years, I used Huggies Thick N Clean .... sturdy and gentle. Then they discontinued it and replaced it with One and Done .... which is thinner and less effective , IMO.

I've tried a few cosmetic wipes, but find them all just too flimsy .... so I'm reading these suggestions with great interest!

Respected Contributor

I use Simple brand wipes (not the exfoliating ones).

Honored Contributor

I like Huggies Natural Care fragrance-free wipes. I also keep a bottle of witch hazel around and if the wipes start to dry out, I pour some of that around the sides of the container.

Respected Contributor

On 12/10/2014 BeckiWV said:

I like to use actual makeup removing wipes rather than baby wipes.

There are many store brands that probably aren't any more expensive than most baby wipes.

Walmart (Equate) and CVS both have some good generic makeup removing wipes on their shelves, as do many others.

As for store brand wipes, I really like Pond's Exfoliating wipes but Olay, Garnier and most of the other brands have them too.

I bought a makeup/skincare kit from HSN/Signature Club A and one of the items was a pack of vitamin C makeup removing wipes. Omigosh, I just loved those things!! I would love to have them again. Just really nice wipes but kind of $$$ to buy on their own.

That is how I feel about the Skinn wipes. I liked them, although thought they could be a little bit more moist, but I would never spend the money for them on their own. I got them as part of a kit. The vit c wipes sound interesting.
Respected Contributor

On 12/10/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I like Huggies Natural Care fragrance-free wipes. I also keep a bottle of witch hazel around and if the wipes start to dry out, I pour some of that around the sides of the container.

I keep witch hazel around, what a great idea.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know if I would use baby wipes to remove my makeup, but I do keep them in my car. They will remove anything you might spill or mark on your cloth upholstery! My husband spilled some coffee in the car and I tried to sop it up with some paper napkins. (I was out of baby wipes) As soon as we got to our destination, the coffee had dried. We went immediately to a CVS, I got a box of baby wipes and within minutes the coffee stain was off of the seat!

Super Contributor

I like Mustela from Amazon or the DermStore. I use WEN Bamboo with my Clarisonic and then I wipe my face with these. They are very soothing and refreshing.

<h1 id="title" class="a-size-large a-spacing-none">Mustela Dermo Soothing Wipes, Delicately Fragranced (70 Count)</h1>

<table class="a-lineitem"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="a-color-secondary a-size-base a-text-right a-nowrap"> List Price:</td> <td class="a-span12 a-color-secondary a-size-base a-text-strike"> $10.50</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="a-color-secondary a-size-base a-text-right a-nowrap"> Price:</td> <td class="a-span12">$9.40 Free shipping for Prime members when buying this Add-on Item. Details</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Super Contributor

Get a little plastic tub and some of those circle-shaped cosmetic pads -- mix no-more-tears baby shampoo with water to desired strength, pour over stack of pads in the little tub. Excellent and cheap eye makeup (and other makeup) remover, doesn't sting.

I use the empty tub from some Stridex (salicylic acid) pads, it has a screw-on lid and holds quite a few pads.

Honored Contributor

Yep, been using baby wipes for makeup removal - and many other things - for quite a while. Since they're gentle enough for babies' tushies, etc., then they're great for adults' skin too.

I use ones that have aloe vera, shea butter, Vitamin E, cucumber, and/or green tea in them. It will usually say that in the title, or prominently on the label. Those ingredients are all extra hydrating and healthy for my skin.

I buy Huggies, and and sometimes Pampers, unless there's a generic store brand (even cheaper!) that has those same ingredients.

I keep them around (bathroom, etc.) since I always use one after the TP for extra cleansing upon a "#2". Smiley Wink

They're also good for extra cleansing and freshening when you're sweaty or grimy, and keeping a tub or self-sealing refills package in the fridge is awesome for when it's hot or really humid. Plus, I keep a tub in the car.

If you buy a tube with a cute design, it's more affordable to then just buy the massive refill packages available in store and online (Amazon has 'em at great prices).