Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Wipes for removing makeup

On 12/10/2014 aprilskies said:
On 12/10/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I like Huggies Natural Care fragrance-free wipes. I also keep a bottle of witch hazel around and if the wipes start to dry out, I pour some of that around the sides of the container.

I keep witch hazel around, what a great idea.

I have a circular jar leftover from something else and stuff in a stack of round cotton pads .... and add a few squirts of witch hazel....... PERFECT for using as a toner after washing my face, and before applying makeup! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Walgreens baby wipes in the green pkg. i only use them if its late and i still need my eye remover. i like Ponds cucumber cleanser for nighttime facial care.

Honored Contributor

Use Unscented. I keep Pampers Sensitive handy. Also, Albolene Fragrance Free Cleanser works wonders for removing all makeup. Then, I use a warm moistened tissue or soft napkin to rinse off with warm water. There never seems to be even a hint of makeup residue because the Albolene completely removes all makeup.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/10/2014 CountryMusicGal said:

After many years of using Almay makeup remover pads, I discovered baby wipes do a pretty good job -- and are sooo much cheaper! But the brands are not all the same. I recently bought the Publix brand and they were awful -- dry and thin. I would like to know what brands (Huggies, Luvs, etc.) you gals like.

My routine is to use the wipes at night, followed by a warm washcloth. I don't like makeup on my face or pillowcase!

I use them all the time - for so many things!

I don't have sensitive skin, but I only use the ones with no fragrance. It's trial & error re which brands, because you're right - Some are thin, some feel papery, and others are thick and feel really nice and refreshing. I usually use Huggies, the ones made for sensitive skin, fragrance-free.

I do use them to remove makeup (and they do a great job on eye makeup too), but I also find that they have lots and lots of uses. I make sure to never run out.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 colliegirls said:

Makes sense to me! If they can remove poop, they should be able to remove make-up!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

For sure.

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I can't believe this topic showed up just as I'm looking for a new wipe!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

For years, I used Huggies Thick N Clean .... sturdy and gentle. Then they discontinued it and replaced it with One and Done .... which is thinner and less effective , IMO.

I've tried a few cosmetic wipes, but find them all just too flimsy .... so I'm reading these suggestions with great interest!

I guess you forgot about the Interwebz, Tink? ;-)

Well, good news! Huggies still makes and sells the "Thick-n-Clean" wipes that you love!

And now they come in the following varieties:

"Naturally Refreshing T & C Cucumber & Green Tea"

"One and Done T & C"

"Soft Skin Shea Butter T & C" (a personal fave)

plus the original in a big refill pack.

You can get them at Amazon, Ebay, Drugstore.com, Walmart.com, Walgreens.com, and Kmart.com.

You can also check to see if your local B&M store has them in stock, right from their website.

HTH

Respected Contributor

I use the Ponds Clarant B3 in normal to dry, comes in 2 versions but being I have dry skin I get the normal to dry. I get mine at Walmart.

Super Contributor

I don'tuse make up wipes or have babies anymore, but Huggies were always my favorite wipes and I bought and used them for a variety of things even after my babies didn't need them anymore. Love that they are thick and damp amd come in unscented. I used to have a pack in the car at all times.
Esteemed Contributor

Baby wipes are made for wiping poopy butts.

I find them very harsh on my hands and would never use them on my face.

Honored Contributor

If one wears foundation, the wipes imo are not enough. I use wipes to remove makeup and then I use a cleanser like Olay or PTR.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"