Honored Contributor

I take 10,000 mcg Biotin daily too, but I take a capsule or tablet, not a softgel, softgels contain oils like soybean oil which I prefer not to take, just my personal choice. I usually buy Nutricost brand on amazon or ebay. 

Esteemed Contributor

I take it every day because I was biotin deficient (a blood test panel showed that) and it the supplement only gives me negligible results. So you're pretty lucky! 

Valued Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I take it every day because I was biotin deficient (a blood test panel showed that) and it the supplement only gives me negligible results. So you're pretty lucky! 

Are you taking Biotin 10,000?

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting about biotin. I will try it. On another note, I've been taking a supplement that combines collagen, keratin and elastin from Body Kitchen and I've seen noticeable results. My hair and nails grow faster and my hair doesn't get as damaged. I haven't had a haircut in months and my ends are still smooth which never happens. I even stopped using the Olaplex 3. Just wanted to share in case someone was interested. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I've had hair loss issues for my entire adult life. Took biotin for many, many years with hopes that it would do something good for my hair but all it did was make it coarse, brittle and wiry looking. I stopped taking it years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Because biotin is water soluble, taking massive amounts is only causing it to be excreted.

Go easy on your kidneys, they will thank you ☺️ 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the excess is very easily excreted. 

Super Contributor

Yews Biotin works.!! My husband and i have been using Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails and it is the most amazing product! My hsband and I have beutiful full shiny hair because of this and his collagen and phytoceramdes. It has changed everything and we are in our 60's. it takes a little while but so worth it will never ever be without!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Yews Biotin works.!! My husband and i have been using Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails and it is the most amazing product! My hsband and I have beutiful full shiny hair because of this and his collagen and phytoceramdes. It has changed everything and we are in our 60's. it takes a little while but so worth it will never ever be without!!!!

@beauty0125 

How much Biotin is in the Lessman product?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Ronettes !  One more question - do you take your biotin with food? 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett