Honored Contributor

Re: BEEN QUITE AWHILE SINCE......

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Shanus     Hate to make a nuisance out of myself but I may be wrong about my skin tone.   I'm really bad at this.   In any event, the foundation that matches my skin tone the best is Estee Lauder  Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation in 2N1 Desert Beige (light medium with neutral undertones).  I think I tend to look awful in most warm colored eyeshadows.  Does this change your recommendations?  I do have dark brown eyes.   

@Boehm Collector   Skin tone and undertone are two separate things. You can be warm, cool or neutral. Then you have a range from very fair to dark/deep skin tones. Your undertone doesn't change whether you get a tan or not. However, if you tan (please don't) you'll still remain cool, warm or neutral. Confusing, right?

You know best which shades look best on you. If you don't like warm shadows, there are plenty of cool toned ones for you...same suggestion just look for a cooler shade. You may want to look at an apricot shade which is lighter than amber.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54   Thanks for the compliment. It's been a loooong time since I questions thread, right?

@Shanus Yesss, too long! I have one more question for you. I do use Tarte Maracuja eye cream, which I love. I do let it dry for a while before I apply concealer lightly with a brush. Can you tell me why after an hour I always get concealer crease? Tiny little creases. No matter what concealer I use, it always creases. 

Super Contributor

@Shanus

How sweet of you 💕

Where do I begin ....I have a simple makeup routine...sunscreen, even out skintone ,lip gloss and mascara

How can I bring out my green eyes ?
I'm fair skinetone ? Also ,I was interested in trying false eyelashes
Any tips or tricks 🤔
😊 🙏
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CoastalGal wrote:

The whites of my eyes are really no longer white ~ what make up colors bring out the illusion of the white ?  My eyes are brown .  

@CoastalGal   Check Lumify drops for redness (ck. w/ your eye doc) first. If you're experiencing just a dullness of the whites, navy liner always works! Either use a navy liner close to lashes to tightline with a waterproof navy pencil. Try Urban Decay 24/7 pencils.

@Shanus   Thx!   My eye doctor did suggest the Lumify ~ i tried it and wasnt thrilled ~ I'll try the navy eyeliner ~ Thx again ! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Try a foundation that is labeled as having a natural finish. You can Google the description of various Foundation formulas.  You might like natural or satin finishes.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Thank you - I appreciate you!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks a lot for your help.  I will be looking for the NYX green concealer.  I have not had any success with green concealers in the past but have not tried this one. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Hello Shanus....

It seems blue eyeshadow is making a comeback? What I have seen the shades lean toward grey /blue or navy. What color eyes would look good in this shade? I have mostly blue /grey eyes with a touch of green. Grey hair and a light /medium neutral skin.

Thankyou ♥️

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54   Thanks for the compliment. It's been a loooong time since I questions thread, right?

@Shanus Yesss, too long! I have one more question for you. I do use Tarte Maracuja eye cream, which I love. I do let it dry for a while before I apply concealer lightly with a brush. Can you tell me why after an hour I always get concealer crease? Tiny little creases. No matter what concealer I use, it always creases. 

@Effie54   Sorry I didn't have a chance to check back and see your question. I'm not familiar w/ that eye cream, but it may be too hydrating/greasy and your concealer doesn't lay down well on top of it. Your eye cream should not take an hour to sink in and dry. Use that one up at night and try a lighter weight eye cream for day. Hate me, but I love Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Eye Base ($$$)...it's a daytime eye cream with primer built in. It smoothes the undereye and preps for concealer. You may also want to try a lighter weight concealer.

Honored Contributor

@Sassycoco wrote:
@Shanus

How sweet of you 💕

Where do I begin ....I have a simple makeup routine...sunscreen, even out skintone ,lip gloss and mascara

How can I bring out my green eyes ?
I'm fair skinetone ? Also ,I was interested in trying false eyelashes
Any tips or tricks 🤔
😊 🙏

@Sassycoco   I'm not a fan "lashes". I have used them on clients, but on myself they're too over the top. Lining your eyes and then smudging the line into your lashes is the best technique for definition. use a dark brown and wiggle it into the lashes. You can use a waterproof pencil (I mentioned Urban Decay 24/7 as a favorite). The result is  thicker looking lashes w/o false lashes.