Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES week end 7/14/17

@Katcat1 ... does ths stay on well throughout the day?

@Katcat1 wrote:

@monicakm,   If you are close to a Sephora or Nordstrom, try Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer.  It's creamy but dense.  I apply a small amount and then pat on and then smooth out.  I have been using for 4 years or so and I am in my mid 60's.  Good luck.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME
I didn't want to "burst your bubble but you might like to at least know about others' experience.
I kept thinking I might try this or that, and then it was too late to return.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Well I was really bad based from most of you here.  I caved and ordered the Le Metier Beaute Antiaging Complex duo since it was offered on the 6 easy pays.  I've been so curious since its' first presentation and since the reviews have been so few I had to take it for a test ride.  As usual, I'm not sure whether the medium will be golden enough but I will see.  I should be receiving it tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  You didn't burst my bubble at all!  I really appreciate hearing from other people about their experiences!  Mine arrived today.  It applied very well with the sponge, and still looks good a couple hours later.... as long as I don't smile!  It is rather dry, and when I smile, i'm seeing many more lines than I knew I had.  I just added some moisturizer over it, and I'll see what that does.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME,  It works for me and I think it is all day.  I say "think" because I do not work but when I apply and go out and come back home and wash my face in the evening, it is still on.  With Nordstrom, if you don't like it you can return it for free.  I have been using for quite a few years along with Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.  I like the oil-free because it is not runny even though I do not have oil skin.  My skin is normal.  I hope you give the concealer a try.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Hi @Katcat1, I too bought essential oils for my diffuser. I got Ella Belle 8 essential oils on Amazon. The eucalyptus & Mint are good for colds Kat....that was part of the set of 8.

I also bought a new vanity tray for my perfumes at Home Goods. Take CareSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was walking passed the Trish counter at Nordstrom & a regional MUA was there. I smelled trouble, but had to stop and watch. He offered to "adjust" my triangle of light...I was making too big a triangle (😜). He also applied a new shade of lip/cheek pencil in Rose. When he finished, he used a tiny drop of her new oil, rubbed it between his hands until almost gone and then lightly patted it on my face and neck. It gave a nice all over glow w/o the too young highlight disaster.

So, in my shopping bag was the Rose pencil and the new oil (too expensive), but will last forever if only use the tiny drop. I also replaced my Flawless Lip that keeps lipstick from running into lines and color stays longer. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Thanik you!  I'll look into it.

Valued Contributor

Dr. Jart BB cream, Glossier Cloud Paint blushes, and Glow Black Patting Mask,the new 3 some of BE lipsticks on the Q. I pretty much like it all.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella,   Home Goods is your store!  I had a stash of essential oils at home.  I recently mixed lavender with spearmint and does that smell refreshing.  I use more spearmint 10 drops to 5 drops lavender.  I was still burning oil with tea light candles and I am so glad I decided to graduate to the electric mist diffuser.  Years ago the electric diffuser were horrible and I just stopped looking until I recently saw one in someone's office when I had a dr. visit.  I hope you had a great weekend.  HeartCat Happy  I want to make a purchase at Nordstrom's Anniv. sale tomorrow.  

kindness is strength