Valued Contributor

Bobbi brown creamy lipstick fans...blue raspberry 😫

Heard that BB is discontinuing this formulation which includes my HG Blue Raspberry. Bb website and some retailers have them at 30% off. I will buy a few extra and store in the fridge. Italian Rose is also in this formula, that's my BFFs go to for ages. I can't believe they're discontinuing such a classic, iconic colors in the BB line.
Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi brown creamy lipstick fans...blue raspberry 😫

@Fluke67 - I just received my order - four of these lipsticks and a lip liner!  At 30% off - a real bargain.

Bobbi Brown Lipsticks are fabulous!

Honored Contributor

Yep. I hit up Nordstrom and her site.

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
Heard that BB is discontinuing this formulation which includes my HG Blue Raspberry. Bb website and some retailers have them at 30% off. I will buy a few extra and store in the fridge. Italian Rose is also in this formula, that's my BFFs go to for ages. I can't believe they're discontinuing such a classic, iconic colors in the BB line.

Blue Raspberry has been one of my every day choices for years. I ordered 2 more. The company just isn't the same since Bobbi left. I can't begin to list my favorite products and colors being discontinued one after the other. It was never like that before. I could always count on my favorite shadow or concealer (my eye brightener is gone 😢) being there and not anymore. That was the main reason I switched over to Trish McEvoy.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus, I know, it's really sad. I have a good deal of TM, but I just can't find something like blue raspberry anywhere else, and I love the creamy lip color formula. I thought about complaining on their FB page, these changes are really biting the hand that feeds them. I do really like TM, fell in love with the planner system back in 1999, and her line is were well edited, but BB always felt like my "home" makeup wise. 😔
Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
@Shanus, I know, it's really sad. I have a good deal of TM, but I just can't find something like blue raspberry anywhere else, and I love the creamy lip color formula. I thought about complaining on their FB page, these changes are really biting the hand that feeds them. I do really like TM, fell in love with the planner system back in 1999, and her line is were well edited, but BB always felt like my "home" makeup wise. 😔

After 20 yrs. w/ BB, I feel like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz...my home is blowing away!!! Lol

Honored Contributor

Blue Raspberry fans: I've found a dupe!!!! I use BB Ballet Pink to line & fill in & Clinique's famous Black Honey (sheer plum shade) on top. I swear I can't tell the difference. It's creamy, too because the Black Honey is a sheer shade.

Let me know what you think?

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of when Prescriptives left the stores and was available only on line. All my favorite lipsticks were re-formulated and dropped. I wore Mauve for years and it was the perfect shade for my fair, porcelain complexion. I tried matching it with other brands and eventually sent some of it to a company that matches colors. It was a complete failure and I still to this day miss it.....

Honored Contributor

It's kinda telling that these shades are being discontinued considering how popular they are. Why now? Why, especially since one of the colors, Carolina, was named for Carolina Herrera- a very good friend of Bobbi Browns. EL chose to discontinue the shade many years ago but Ms. Herrera told Bobbi it was the only shade she ever wore and indeed, purchased hundreds of them when EL announced it was being removed from the line. Bobbi, somehow, brought it BACK and it rose to #1 very quickly.

I guess since Bobbi is gone, EL is all "%^#$ you, Carolina Herrea". *shakes head*

Valued Contributor

@sahmlam, I'm tempted to do a "%#*!" To EL/BB on social media. There have to be a ton of us who are similarly displeased.