Honored Contributor

Re: Are you embracing the current trend of short fingernails?

Medium length nails...so I can type.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

For 50 years......I have tried everything......every potion, vitamin, treatment, file........and nothing will harden my nails...........so now they are still short, and finally "in style".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Didn't know this was a new trend. I have always kept my nails just a little beyond my finger tips. If they get too long they bug me. I clip them about every other week. I really don't care for the look of acrylics, sometimes they look like claws, but everyone has their preference.

Honored Contributor

I keep mine just past the tips of my fingers. Have to cut them regularly, however. I never use polish any more. I just buff them to a high shine. Works for me. I never did like French manicures, and I still don't, though I know it's still a favorite of many. I rarely see acrylics any more (except on a couple of Q hosts).

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 sidsmom said:
On 1/16/2014 just bee said:

Toes....what freaks me out is when I see the tips on toenails! Or a French manicure on the toes...it's like their little fingers or something. Am I the only one that's geezed out with that? =:0

You mean like...

GUUUUURL!!! Geezy Nightmares!

You're sending me in a

T

A

I

L

S

P

I

N

!!! HA

Would a guy get under the blankets with someone who could turn him to julienne strips with her toes?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

I prefer shorter nails, I have small hands and tiny fingers - shorter nails just look better one me.

Regular Contributor

Toes....what freaks me out is when I see the tips on toenails! Or a French manicure on the toes...it's like their little fingers or something. Am I the only one that's geezed out with that? =:0

You mean like...

OMG, that scared the $()%*#(*(#$ out of me!

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 waterdragon said:

You mean like...

OMG, that scared the $()%*#(*(#$ out of me!

I apologize in advance:

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Last spring my GP and derm both ordered me to keep my nails very short. I was in the middle of a dermatitis reaction and had scratched myself bloody. Took months for my leg to heal. Even super short, when I scratch in my sleep I can still do damage. Beyond the fingertip is too long.