Respected Contributor

Re: Are the IT Brow Pencils "all that"?

@Kabella  .... Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 ... Thanks!  She's not as concerned with it coming off as she is with getting it on!  I don't have a problem with the ones she finds difficult!  I'm with you... I'd rather have the makeup stay on all day!

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Thanks for the suggesstion!  I'll check it out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@quadmimi  ... Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad this pencil is working for you!

Valued Contributor

Nope..

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ItsME wrote:

@Funloving  Thanks!  I'll look into to it.... for me, if not for her!

You are most welcome @ItsME.  If your Mom is most concerned about getting it on, perhaps a brow product in a mascara tube with wand might be a good solution.  I can't remember who makes one.. Benefit maybe.  Also I find brow pomades/gels applied with a slanted brush and combed through w/ a spoolie is actually easier & quicker than making strokes with a pencil.  We all have different needs though- so it depends on how much coverage is needed.  Like if she needs to touch up the brows she has or if creating a brow where there's no hair-  I have experience with the latter thanks to chemo.  You lose your brows and lashes along with the hair on your head.  (Thankfully they DO grow back)  Good luck on your quest.

Trusted Contributor

I finally found the perfect brow pencil-Too Faced Brown-ie powder brow pencil. I've used It pencils that came off easily because my sun glasses rub on my brows. The TooFaced glides on and stays on til I remove it. It's perfect!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for all the responses!  I started with the elf.... I personally really like this one.  I brought it to mom, but she sent it home with so that I could try it too.  At least half of the brow pencils I've tried have caused my skin to ooze.  This one doesn't.  I have to get it back to her.  Hopefully she'll love it too!

Honored Contributor

@ItsME   I just had to come back and comment on this thread.  After buying one of everything Amazon sells for eyebrows, I think I found a product I can handle.  It's a brow powder in a tube thingy that's applied with a wand.  You just have to barely touch the brow for the powder to transfer.  I put it on before bed just to see how it lasted and it was pretty much intact the next morning.   It's made by Cover Girl.  I got a medium brown and would prefer a lighter color as its very dark but this product is easy to use. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I rarely use mine...have  a few...Tarte has one like this as does Hourglass and so many other lines have this stick slanted taupe shade hard pencil.

It's basic one is just too darn hard and then you press and it looks too dark! It also does not cover a light hair or a gray.

It also does not cover a light hair or a gray on my brow and hated their brow gel.

I default to 100% Pure's Taupe Brow gel (it's newer a gel type but powdery texture too)...there are so many other pencils on the market I use 2 many days a pencil like my MAC brow (thin brow automatic pencil) and a gel or Tartes brow wand.

I love skinny brow pencils!!!

Mac has great ones with great shades and Origins Blonde shade is a perfect Taupe on my light brown hair dark brows.

all are easy to apply not hard like It's original.

I have not tried Jamies skinny pencil (yet!)

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky