Valued Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

I haven't seen anyone jumping on anyone or anything that would cause someone to run for cover. The OP asked for thoughts and we are giving them. We do not all have the same experiences. I think that is what the OP needs - thoughts about the items based on our own experiences and skin types. If we are all supposed to agree, not much sense to even have the thread.

Regular Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

Again, your mileage may vary (YMMV). Not all so-called irritants will irritate everyone -even those with highly sensitive skin. Hopefully the OP knows what irritates her skin ... or will start experimenting to learn what her skin likes and dislikes. It takes time to experiment but thankfully she will only be out the cost of shipping if she doesn't like the products.

Respected Contributor

I, like Merrylass, use both Isomers and Skinn. On days when I am dry and need more moisture, I use an Isomers serum (usually advanced Matrixyl) followed by Stem Rejen or Isomers Gemmotherapy. If I do not need extra moisture, I use only Crème Reverse or Gemmotherapy. I keep one open bottle of serum, a bottle of Stem Rejen, and one open jar or bottle of cream on my vanity, and that is all I use. I cannot use the Collagenesis 24-hour cream because it has too high a concentration of shea butter for my normal skin.

I bought a TTV from a month or two ago, which included the Huile, Hydrosurge, and Vitamin C powder, and after using it for three weeks I sent it back. I could never get the Hydrosurge to absorb completely, and I didn't care for packing the Huile/Vitamin C on my face at night and then laying down to sleep.

So I was happy to see these TTVs. The one from yesterday included products that I use, and cleansers I had been wanting to try since I have no more cleansers in my stash. I like today's TTV, because the Crème Reverse is one of Dimitri's "lighter" treatment products that, again, I already use, and I have been in search of a different way to get Vitamin C into my regimen. I also bought 305-404, a kit that was under $37.00 and which includes the pore reducing serum, deep pore cleanser, and Dermappeal.

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Favorite Son said:

I, like Merrylass, use both Isomers and Skinn. On days when I am dry and need more moisture, I use an Isomers serum (usually advanced Matrixyl) followed by Stem Rejen or Isomers Gemmotherapy. If I do not need extra moisture, I use only Crème Reverse or Gemmotherapy. I keep one open bottle of serum, a bottle of Stem Rejen, and one open jar or bottle of cream on my vanity, and that is all I use. I cannot use the Collagenesis 24-hour cream because it has too high a concentration of shea butter for my normal skin.

I bought a TTV from a month or two ago, which included the Huile, Hydrosurge, and Vitamin C powder, and after using it for three weeks I sent it back. I could never get the Hydrosurge to absorb completely, and I didn't care for packing the Huile/Vitamin C on my face at night and then laying down to sleep.

So I was happy to see these TTVs. The one from yesterday included products that I use, and cleansers I had been wanting to try since I have no more cleansers in my stash. I like today's TTV, because the Crème Reverse is one of Dimitri's "lighter" treatment products that, again, I already use, and I have been in search of a different way to get Vitamin C into my regimen. I also bought 305-404, a kit that was under $37.00 and which includes the pore reducing serum, deep pore cleanser, and Dermappeal.

warning warning! The pore reducing serum is complete caca. goes on like glue and does nothing! Apparently it also has something very irritating in it because I put the leftovers on my boyfriend and his face turned bright red. It had no effect on me whatsoever except to be exceptionally sticky and annoying
Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said:

warning warning! The pore reducing serum is complete caca. goes on like glue and does nothing! Apparently it also has something very irritating in it because I put the leftovers on my boyfriend and his face turned bright red. It had no effect on me whatsoever except to be exceptionally sticky and annoying

Well, I read the reviews for the kit and also for the individual products, and they were pretty good. I bought it as much for my husband as for myself, since he has heavy, somewhat oily skin, and I think he could benefit from the pore reducing products. I'm not at all afraid to send it back if it doesn't work, as I did with the Hydrosurge kit.

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said:

Well, I read the reviews for the kit and also for the individual products, and they were pretty good. I bought it as much for my husband as for myself, since he has heavy, somewhat oily skin, and I think he could benefit from the pore reducing products. I'm not at all afraid to send it back if it doesn't work, as I did with the Hydrosurge kit.

I too purchase a similar kit with the same intentions. The pore reducing serum was the only thing we had real issues with
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Blondelle said:

I love his concepts, ingredient decks, prices and shows, but his products did nothing for me. Saw no results. NADA! I've used the Dermapeel, Collagenesis products, blue Deep Wrinkle Protocol products as well as his skin softener and NADA. Wish it worked for me but it didn't. His ChinUp helped a bit, but nothing that noticable. I'm just using a retinol cream at night, vitamin C serum and glycolic acid and sunscreen in the morning and my skin has never looked better. These have a proven track record and work. These skincare lines are always coming out with something new. They have to, to continue selling. They don't have to prove it works. All they have to do is to convince you that it does! When it doesn't, they have something new to sell you next! If their existing products did what they say they do, why would they need another one every couple of months?

Boy do I agree with you about always having something new! It is irritating... Manuela does this too... everything I use of hers serum wise does well with my skin but I just wish they would concentrate on one or two things...

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 hopi said:

bunny

Skinn is a total no go for me.

The smells, the lack of care for people with sensitive skin, alllergies es are just a part of my concerns. For a man at 52 with top of the line access to skin care, Dimtiri's skin looks terrible. You can see laser peel damage on his forehead and looks like he has had work done and fillers.

The colors, smells and textures of his products makes my stomach churn.

People are highly entertained by his antics.

I may be in the minority but I think he looks pretty good and yes I do think there is botox and fillers in there... I have very sensitive skin and don't have issues with the cleansers and the creams... the plasma makeup clogged my skin big time... the products are not that scented

Esteemed Contributor

I've never watched long enough to learn what his skincare philosophy is. I don't think his own skin looks all that great, but I can't really tell under all that makeup.

In any event, I'm always leery when someone is offering boat loads of stuff with Queen Mary loads for ingredient decks.

None of his things entice me, none that I've seen or read about anyway.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with the vendor. I think he's very entertaining. I just find this type of sales overwhelming and confusing. I really don't like the concept of kits, and I don't like the profusion of products. It seems that I'm not alone because the question of where to start, what to use, how to layer all these gazillion different serums and creams and stuff seems to keep popping up.

This is not a comment about the quality obviously, because I have never used them. I prefer buying exactly the specific products I want.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland