Honored Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

On 7/26/2014 DannysWife said:

I've have been reading and watching SKINN for a few months now..

Today's presentations, testimonials and reviews are very (very) highly rated..

My question is "where do I start"? What are a few key items that are a good place to start..

I have somewhat dry, but sensitive skin.. You know the skin if the product is too strong, I break out, if the product is not strong enough, I get no benefits.. I do have redness at times and I'm 50..

If anyone can suggest some key items or kits I would appreciate it..

THANK YOU for your time and assistance..

The SHQP website has info that can help you with product info. On the Skinn page you will see Dimitri's photo and a big pink bar-Skinn Order of Usage which is a suggested list of products depending on your skin type/issues. Then you can read info/reviews about the individual products. The TTV's are a terrific value, and if you buy both, you will have a good starting point. When I first tried the line, they had a discovery kit with the serums. If you want the serums check out the fantastic value with the Ultimate Defense Kit-5 piece. Lots of great assist on this forum from long time Skinn users, just keep reading and ask for info/guidance.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

On 7/26/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 7/26/2014 DannysWife said:

I've have been reading and watching SKINN for a few months now..

Today's presentations, testimonials and reviews are very (very) highly rated..

My question is "where do I start"? What are a few key items that are a good place to start..

I have somewhat dry, but sensitive skin.. You know the skin if the product is too strong, I break out, if the product is not strong enough, I get no benefits.. I do have redness at times and I'm 50..

If anyone can suggest some key items or kits I would appreciate it..

THANK YOU for your time and assistance..

The SHQP website has info that can help you with product info. On the Skinn page you will see Dimitri's photo and a big pink bar-Skinn Order of Usage which is a suggested list of products depending on your skin type/issues. Then you can read info/reviews about the individual products. The TTV's are a terrific value, and if you buy both, you will have a good starting point. When I first tried the line, they had a discovery kit with the serums. If you want the serums check out the fantastic value with the Ultimate Defense Kit-5 piece. Lots of great assist on this forum from long time Skinn users, just keep reading and ask for info/guidance.

I second Chi-town girl's recommendation of the Ultimate Defense Kit. It was recommended to me by Skinn users on this forum, and I love the products. My skin is mature, somewhat dry and rather sensitive. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Sweet Susie said:

I've tried some of his products in the past, liked them well enough but wasn't blown away enough to want to repurchase.

I took a quick look at the TSV. The olive/enzyme cleaner would be a poor choice for people with oily, acne prone skin, imho. The olive oil and avocado oil in the ingredients are way too high in oleic acid for oily, acne prone skin. Plus, the papaya and orange oil are potential skin irritants.

The sulfate-free cleanser looks ok, except for the lavender and peppermint oils, potential skin irritants. You can buy sulfate-free cleansers at the drugstore.

I've always found the enzyme masks with papaya and pineapple to be really irritating to my skin, so I have zero interest in the Dermapeel. Plus, it has lavender and peppermint in it, more potential skin irritants.

That leaves the body oil and hand cream. I have zero interest in those two products because I have plenty of the same types of products in my bathroom cabinet, waiting to be used, lol.

This is an interesting post... well I can tell you I use both of the cleansers and I have easily clogged sensitive skin and I can tell you the enzyme PM cleanser is amazing for oily skin because it really gets it cleaned... and the sulfate free cleanser doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and is much better than any sulfate free cleanser at the drugstore... The tea tree really gets the bacteria off my skin and my breakouts are now very rare...The Dermapeel works well for my skin and the lavender and peppermint doesn't irritate my very sensitive and fussy skin...

I think it is great that you can make an evaluation of a product solely based on an ingredient list but really one's own personal experience with the product is the best judge...

And Yes the Beautipedia has a big Poor for all of the product you mentioned I believe.

Super Contributor

I use what works for me, not what the Beautipedia says. I mainly use Olivella for cleansing but I must admit to buying Dimitri's cleansers for the smell. The AM cleanser is great for my oily skin & I like that it foams. The PM cleanser smells divine. I have been wanting to try the Radiance Oil & probably wouldn't have bought the TV had it not been included. I have been using cosmetics since I was 12 & rarely look at the ingredients. If it works for me I use it.

Regular Contributor

The ingredients are all listed online. I appreciate that as I have sensitive skins and don't do well with fragrances. Beautipedia is a good resource for ingredients. Generally speaking, his ingredients are good/top notch.
Valued Contributor

I love his concepts, ingredient decks, prices and shows, but his products did nothing for me. Saw no results. NADA! I've used the Dermapeel, Collagenesis products, blue Deep Wrinkle Protocol products as well as his skin softener and NADA. Wish it worked for me but it didn't. His ChinUp helped a bit, but nothing that noticable. I'm just using a retinol cream at night, vitamin C serum and glycolic acid and sunscreen in the morning and my skin has never looked better. These have a proven track record and work. These skincare lines are always coming out with something new. They have to, to continue selling. They don't have to prove it works. All they have to do is to convince you that it does! When it doesn't, they have something new to sell you next! If their existing products did what they say they do, why would they need another one every couple of months?

Esteemed Contributor

bunny

Skinn is a total no go for me.

The smells, the lack of care for people with sensitive skin, alllergies es are just a part of my concerns. For a man at 52 with top of the line access to skin care, Dimtiri's skin looks terrible. You can see laser peel damage on his forehead and looks like he has had work done and fillers.

The colors, smells and textures of his products makes my stomach churn.

People are highly entertained by his antics.

Respected Contributor

I really like these products and they are very reasonably priced. Especially when you purchase as a tsv. I haven't used all of his products but really liked all of the products that I have used in the past.

Valued Contributor

On 7/27/2014 hopi said:

bunny

Skinn is a total no go for me.

The smells, the lack of care for people with sensitive skin, alllergies es are just a part of my concerns. For a man at 52 with top of the line access to skin care, Dimtiri's skin looks terrible. You can see laser peel damage on his forehead and looks like he has had work done and fillers.

The colors, smells and textures of his products makes my stomach churn.

People are highly entertained by his antics.

Just FYI, Dimitri has said a number of times that he has melasma (sp?) on his forehead and sides of his neck. He also admits to being a sun worshipper who never used sunscreen until recently. I think even he would admit that skin care is more a preventative rather than a miracle fix for major problems. And for 52, which is near my age, I think his skin looks great. I wouldn't expect him to look like he's in his 20s.

I have sensitive skin as defined by my derm. I've used Skinn for a few years now and love most of it. I don't always like his color cosmetics but I don't like many - one of the reasons I wear very little makeup. I tend not to use his dermapeel because it does make my skin red. However, I use his cleansers, collagenesis line, orchid gel, and some of his lip products and love them - never a reaction or breakout.

I think, just as with any line, Skinn works for some and not for others. I'd recommend buying a small, basic kit and finding out what you think for your skin. I would say to the OP that being leery because of a low price is EXACTLY what the beauty industry wants.

Respected Contributor

Nice post guatmum, and take into consideration how much he travels while burning the candle at both ends, I think his skin looks pretty darn good too. Smile