Honored Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

On 7/27/2014 SeaGal said:

Nice post guatmum, and take into consideration how much he travels while burning the candle at both ends, I think his skin looks pretty darn good too. Smile

Ditto to all above.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

On 7/27/2014 guatmum said:
On 7/27/2014 hopi said:

bunny

Skinn is a total no go for me.

The smells, the lack of care for people with sensitive skin, alllergies es are just a part of my concerns. For a man at 52 with top of the line access to skin care, Dimtiri's skin looks terrible. You can see laser peel damage on his forehead and looks like he has had work done and fillers.

The colors, smells and textures of his products makes my stomach churn.

People are highly entertained by his antics.

Just FYI, Dimitri has said a number of times that he has melasma (sp?) on his forehead and sides of his neck. He also admits to being a sun worshipper who never used sunscreen until recently. I think even he would admit that skin care is more a preventative rather than a miracle fix for major problems. And for 52, which is near my age, I think his skin looks great. I wouldn't expect him to look like he's in his 20s.

I have sensitive skin as defined by my derm. I've used Skinn for a few years now and love most of it. I don't always like his color cosmetics but I don't like many - one of the reasons I wear very little makeup. I tend not to use his dermapeel because it does make my skin red. However, I use his cleansers, collagenesis line, orchid gel, and some of his lip products and love them - never a reaction or breakout.

I think, just as with any line, Skinn works for some and not for others. I'd recommend buying a small, basic kit and finding out what you think for your skin. I would say to the OP that being leery because of a low price is EXACTLY what the beauty industry wants.

He is one skin care vendor whose skin actually looks great!!! I think he could pass for 7 years younger.

Is the TSV today all fragranced heavily?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Dimitri 's skin does look great and I love his products. I don't see how he can use all his products. He said he uses 2 pumps of the creme reverse twice a day. That should be enough. I am one who got results from his DermaLift and I have dry skin. Since he is on once a month, I have to pace myself.
Honored Contributor

I've always had sensitive skin and am a big fan of many SKINN products. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Collagenesis serums and 24 hour cream. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE his Dermapeel (which I was hesitant to try because of my sensitivity), it works wonderfully for me.

I'm also a big fan of his lip products and colors for eyes (shadows, smudge sticks). Lip 6X is a holy grail product for me.

And I regularly use the Hydri-Surge and Huile Nutra Vital serums.

My sensitive skin has never looked better! If I could brag a little, a few weeks ago a 20-something guy was astonished when I told him my age. His words were, "You couldn't be, your skin is so smooth!"

I admit it, I'm obsessed with good skin care and Dimitri delivers (along with attention to good diet and exercise, of course).

Super Contributor

Hopi, Is that what is on his forehead? I always wondered what in the heck was going on. I use his products, yep, they are hit and miss. But, I always buy them, see if they work, then send em on back. Whatever you do don't use those labels, they charge an arm and a leg for shipping so I put the items in a box and pay for the return shipping on my own.

Honored Contributor

I really like several. Dermappeal is one of my favorites. Another is Lip 6X. The tinted orchid gel is the best primer ever and I like and use all the pore products. I just discovered his CC cream and in the past have used his mineral makeup and plasma makeup but since discovering Perricone no foundation foundation have not used them. The olive oil cleanser is also really good.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP asked for opinions......

Don't want to run for cover when sharing my experiences and issues with a line.

It is okay to be product loyal and love the vendor but sharing is what this forum is about.

Who under or over 40 didn't oil themselves up and go to the beach for hours on end. The next couple of generations went to tanning beds thinking that was safer. He is of Greek decent, most have beautiful complextions and look really young due to their diet and heritage. He constantly says how dry he is.... maybe the products he uses has lead to that condition.

Please ..........not trying to offend his following.

Regular Contributor

YMMV ... I used to only use Isomers along with Retin-A but now I layer Skinn on top of Isomers. I don't like everything in either line but I have been impressed with many items in both lines. My skin is very sensitive and acne prone - I see my dermatologist monthly - but I have never had problems with Isomers and only 1 reaction to a Skinn product. Before switching to Isomers 10 years ago, I used (and had some problems with) La Mer, Jonka, Clarins, and just about every high end Spa or department store skincare line. My recommendation to the OP is to experiment and see whether Skinn will work for you. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 winamac1 said:
On 7/27/2014 guatmum said:
On 7/27/2014 hopi said:

bunny

Skinn is a total no go for me.

The smells, the lack of care for people with sensitive skin, alllergies es are just a part of my ..........f a low price is EXACTLY what the beauty industry wants.

He is one skin care vendor whose skin actually looks great!!! I think he could pass for 7 years younger.

Is the TSV today all fragranced heavily?

Never noticed a fragrance on the deep wrinkle creme release. I use these...love!
Honored Contributor

for those of you jumping on Sweet Susan for pointing out irritating ingredients you may want to look at the title of the thread. She specifically states she doesn't know how to read ingredient decks! susan is simply stating a fact not opinion. The ingredients she refers to are all known irritants. if you choose to use them that is entirely up to u but again she is simply stating the obvious. I do not have particularly sensitive skin but it seems pretty silly to use a product with that potential. I don't see the point when I can use something else minus those ingredients. the bottom line, and you dont have to peruse Beautypedia to know this, cleansers don't stay on your skin long enough to do anything beyond cleanse. Why spend more money?