Contributor
Putting on mascara on top of false eyelashes is very disengenuous. Some of the hosts do it (not all) and it comes across as the worst kind of snake oil salesman. Some young person may see you applying on air over your falsies and think the mascara is what gave the host long thick lashes. Just let the .models do it.

Respected Contributor

@ccj wrote:
Putting on mascara on top of false eyelashes is very disengenuous. Some of the hosts do it (not all) and it comes across as the worst kind of snake oil salesman. Some young person may see you applying on air over your falsies and think the mascara is what gave the host long thick lashes. Just let the .models do it.

Many of the models are using eyelash growth serums, so that's not going to help.

Honored Contributor

@ccj wrote:

@ccj 

Good point!  And I notice on the TV commercials for mascara they now have a disclaimer if the model is wearing false eyelashes...I think QVC should do the same.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Oy!  I have tried so many different brands of mascara from cheap drug store brands to the high priced brands and they all are a mess.  They flake, smudge, and I end up looking like someone's idea of a scary Halloween face.  So, I decided to just go with false lashes, yikes!  Another mess!  One is always higher than the other or I use too much glue and my eyelids get all sticky. The idea of putting mascara on top of falsies is way beyond my ability! 

Honored Contributor

I believe the female hosts usually wear false eyelashes and will admit to that. I think you need to take that into consideration if the host applies the mascara to her lashes.

Honored Contributor

If you look closely at some of model’s before mascara pics, eye shadow or powder has “accidentally” filtered on to the top lashes. That makes the lashes thicker and longer. Artists have used that step forever...before primers.

Regular Contributor
Try the magnetic eyelashes! They sell them on Evine soon to be ShopHQ again! I've also seen them in Wal-Mart sold near the check out along with Copper Chef pans and other "As seen on TV" items. I plan on trying them.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

If you look closely at some of model’s before mascara pics, eye shadow or powder has “accidentally” filtered on to the top lashes. That makes the lashes thicker and longer. Artists have used that step forever...before primers.

That powder trick works pretty good. I still do it. @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

@catnappurr wrote:
Try the magnetic eyelashes! They sell them on Evine soon to be ShopHQ again! I've also seen them in Wal-Mart sold near the check out along with Copper Chef pans and other "As seen on TV" items. I plan on trying them.

@catnappurr   I’ve never tried them, but have heard that besides the learning curve of application, they feel heavy on the lid.

Honored Contributor

What do I care what a particular mascara looks like on some lady with super long lashes, artificial or not? Any mascara would make them look long and lush. The only thing you can tell from the demo is whether the formula is clumpy or not.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr