Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

If you look closely at some of model’s before mascara pics, eye shadow or powder has “accidentally” filtered on to the top lashes. That makes the lashes thicker and longer. Artists have used that step forever...before primers.

That powder trick works pretty good. I still do it. @Shanus 

@SilleeMee  Me, too...on a night out! What kind of MUA would I be if I didn’t employ my own tricks of the trade? 😜

Honored Contributor

I tried a brand of magnetic lashes before. Got them from Evine a while back. They are very difficult to put on, even after several practice attempts. When I got them on the way they were suppose to be, they looked very good. I had to trim mine down to make them look more natural. They weren't heavy at all. Just a pita to get them on straight...I stopped wearing them because they took too much of my time.

@Shanus 

@catnappurr 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I tried a brand of magnetic lashes before. Got them from Evine a while back. They are very difficult to put on, even after several practice attempts. When I got them on the way they were suppose to be, they looked very good. I had to trim mine down to make them look more natural. They weren't heavy at all. Just a pita to get them on straight...I stopped wearing them because they took too much of my time.

@Shanus 

@catnappurr 

@SilleeMee   As we age (oh, I hate that expression), one of the most obvious signs is in the eye area. Not just wrinkles or loss of firmness, but lack of definition. Lashes aren’t the only way to define the eye. You’ve heard me preach tight lining, or if too difficult, make tiny dots between lashes. Liner as close to top lashes as possible make the lashes look fuller w/o taking up valuable lid space. I sometimes use a fine liner brush and a waterproof shadow stick.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes, I do kind of the same thing with the tight-lining. I use a black eyeshadow powder and take a damp flat liner brush and press it right into my lash line, working it along the entire length. Makes my lashes look full, just like you said, with no visible blank spaces between the hairs. 

For my lashes I sometimes use a product made by Ready to Wear Cosmetics called Lash Extension. It's a dry powder that looks like miniature hairs and you apply it on wet mascara, let dry then apply a second coat of mascara to sandwich the powdery hair fibers between the coats of mascara.  It's a wow end result...looks like I'm wearing falsies....very dramatic.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

Yes, I do kind of the same thing with the tight-lining. I use a black eyeshadow powder and take a damp flat liner brush and press it right into my lash line, working it along the entire length. Makes my lashes look full, just like you said, with no visible blank spaces between the hairs. 

For my lashes I sometimes use a product made by Ready to Wear Cosmetics called Lash Extension. It's a dry powder that looks like miniature hairs and you apply it on wet mascara, let dry then apply a second coat of mascara to sandwich the powdery hair fibers between the coats of mascara.  It's a wow end result...looks like I'm wearing falsies....very dramatic.

@SilleeMee  I line the same way you do, but also sometimes use a black waterproof pencil to line my upper waterline...double whammy! Haven’t seen the lash product you’re talking about, but I’ve used a spoolie to apply dark brown shadow between coats of mascara on brides or in photos. I have fairly thick, still dark lashes...would be too much for me. Brows/lashes haven’t caught up w/ the silver hair thing yet.

Contributor

I think the two vendors for It cosmetis should demo the It mascaras - then we would see what he mascara does for normal lashes like most of us have!

Respected Contributor

DH asks me why ladies want spider eyelashes......me no know....but please stop this madness.

Image result for spider eyelashes