Super Contributor

Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I know Paula is just one opinion. It's hard to imagine that Genifique would be such a big seller over time if it was really doing nothing and further, damaging skin.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I tried Genifique when it first came out and it did nothing for my skin, but I've read some good reviews from others, too.
Valued Contributor

I tried it, too. And it didn't do anything for me. No noticeable difference at all (no bad reactions, either, btw). I know that many here have liked it. It's all so personal.

Honored Contributor

One reason that people might continue to buy it is that, according to Beautypedia, it has a very silky finish and feels light and smoothing. Also, Lancome has excellent ad campaigns and a price that's high (implying quality) but not outrageous.

What Beautypedia doesn't like is the high amount of alcohol (it's the fourth ingredient), along with fragrance and other potential irritants. That's a very reasonable criticism, IMO, unlike the irrelevant jab at what a picture of Paula Begoun looks like on her website.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I was given a generous sample from the Lancome counter when I was working in retail last year. It very quickly irritated my skin. Between the alcohol and fragrance I can't see how any possible benefit could emerge.

Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 BellaCarro said:

I was given a generous sample from the Lancome counter when I was working in retail last year. It very quickly irritated my skin. Between the alcohol and fragrance I can't see how any possible benefit could emerge.

I have no reply and nothing to add except -- I'm very glad to "see" you, BC. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I tried some Lancome skincare a few years ago and wasn't impressed. All they did was irritate my skin and when I returned them the lady at the counter tried to get me to try something else. I politely said no thank youSmiley Happy Genifique was one of the things I tried. It has a nice texture but broke me out.

Contributor

I have to agree with BellaCarro. I had the same reaction.
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 BellaCarro said:

Oh, yes, not a good ingredient deck. Thanks for sharing details.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri