Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

So, Genifique Serum, according to the rep, is going to make my 58 year old skin look like 20? REALLY? If that were the case, everyone else would be out of business because Genifique would be the only thing a woman over the age of 20 would be buying. LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

SuzyQ2 - you are right that B is a great source for ingredient lists but they just aren't the site I usually try first or even second. I really have absolutely nothing against PC or Beautipedia - it is just not one of the sites I regularly visit.

But point well taken, and if I am searching for ingredient info, I will keep them in mind because I had kind of forgotten about them as a great ingredient source. I used to visit there all the time but got out of the habit. I think when I terminated the emails, I stopped using them as a quick reference.

I go in spurts, when I eliminate myself from email lists as they can sometimes get overwhelming.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Mistic said:

So, Genifique Serum, according to the rep, is going to make my 58 year old skin look like 20? REALLY? If that were the case, everyone else would be out of business because Genifique would be the only thing a woman over the age of 20 would be buying. LOL

Exactly!

I shake my head at all of these miracle products. If any of them did what was claimed, all the others would be out of business. They get away with what they say by using key phrases such as "individual results may vary", "reduces the APPEARANCE of fine lines & wrinkles", etc. etc. And we all know before & after photos are ridiculous.

I've been hearing about perfect skin, "flawless skin" (Philosophy is super-guilty of that one!), and young-looking skin for a long, long time. It's nonsense, but sadly lots of women buy into it.

I use some things that make my skin look and/or feel a bit better, or just feel good to use. But I have absolutely no illusions about what any of these products can actually do, and I think women are becoming smarter as time goes on. Let's hope so!

Kiss

Trusted Contributor

On 6/22/2014 drkcharger said:

I have been using this for about four years on and off and i really like it. I also use their mascaras and have for about 30 years.

I absolutely concur regarding their mascaras. They have been my favorites for decades. I would occasionally try another brand but always reverted back to Lancôme's. I have been meaning to try that Definicils mascara - is it called Precious Cells something. I'm drawing a blank but know Julia Roberts did some advertising for it. Have always liked regular Definicils too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/22/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

I know I don't always agree with what Paula says, but I would have serious doubts about purchasing something that she rated as just "Average," especially when the Genifique serums are so expensive. You ought to at least read her review all the way through. It sounds like this serum isn't very good at all. http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/lancome/genifique/_/Genifique-You...

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Zero results.

Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

You initially stated that "I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look." Yet now you say that her advice has never worked for you. A minor but telling point, as I thought I had recalled your posting about her and her site before.

I don't NEED her to list the ingredients for me, but I find it convenient, especially when large companies are so reluctant to do so.

I have no clue and no interest in her photo, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever. I'm interested only in facts and results, and neither, for me, is dependent on photos.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 wackers said:
On 6/22/2014 drkcharger said:

I have been using this for about four years on and off and i really like it. I also use their mascaras and have for about 30 years.

I absolutely concur regarding their mascaras. They have been my favorites for decades. I would occasionally try another brand but always reverted back to Lancôme's. I have been meaning to try that Definicils mascara - is it called Precious Cells something. I'm drawing a blank but know Julia Roberts did some advertising for it. Have always liked regular Definicils too.

The only mascara that I will use. Thankfully, I've never had to pay for it. It's always in a GWP.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

My only issue with Lancôme products is that they seem to be heavily fragranced.