Valued Contributor

Any one use the Revision retinol or C products?

I like the fact this line is supposed to be only sold by doctors and medical spas. I'm using the Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ now but was wondering if the Revision retinol was a better product. Also they have a 30% vitamin C. Any one try that? I'm using the OH Truth Serum, but don't know the % of vitamin C of that. Really like it though, but wondering if a stronger one would do more.

Super Contributor

Re: Any one use the Revision retinol or C products?

My opinion only, but just because it's only sold in doctor's offices doesn't necessarily mean a product is better. It might be, but I've seen some pretty horrifying (well, not that bad) ingredient decks on some exclusive doctors-only lines.

I think somebody will come along w/Ole's percentage of vitamin C, think I've seen it before.

ASDM Beverly Hills has a 15% Vitamin C that several here are fans of, same with NCN (can't remember the percentage, though). I think C's benefits depend on more than the percentage, though -- stability, delivery, etc. The experts will be along soon. :-)

Check out this line I stumbled across -- it has Vitamin C and a Retinol-type product, and a Vitamin E. Haven't tried it, but I just might. :-)

http://monoderma.ca/?gclid=CNzzsYHTh78CFQaBfgodm7AA1A

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with MarenSeattle in her lack of being overwhelmed by that fact that a line of skincare is sold only in a doctor's office.

As for the percentage of Vit C in a serum, I also agree that as long as it contains a level considered to be effective, more is not necessarily better. As MarenSeattle said, other factors are as important -- type of C used as well as what else she mentioned.

I do use NCN's and it is 20 percent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I'm using ASDM' s 15% MAP Vitamin c serum and love it. My skin gets irritated with L-Ascorbic acid. I personally think 30% is too high. I don't think I've heard anyone on here say they use one past 20%. If you decide to try it, I highly advise you ask for samples and do a patch test.