Super Contributor

Any of you Beauties wear wigs on a regular basis for FUN?

I have never worn a wig. Looks interesting but I wonder if it would be too noticeable to others.  Just wondering if any of you wear one style or various wigs on a regular basis? If so, do you think other people/public can tell?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any of you Beauties wear wigs on a regular basis for FUN?

Sometimes I'm intrigued when I see the wig shows, but I have a big ole pumpkin head, and I'm afraid they wouldn't fit.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Years ago I had a platinum blond wig in a bouffant style that I wore over my short (then) dark brown hair. It was fun. I gave it away a long time ago and never got anything else.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a wig around ThanksGiving. Just wore it for my 1st time last week. I got lots of compliments. Everyone said they wouldn't have known, if I had not told. (They might have been lying to me tho). I was very pleased with the wig. I have salt & pepper hair, the wig is a silver/gray "rooted" wig from Paula Young. I love the color. Ordered a 2nd, different style, same color, but returned. I have good hair (fairly thick, but I get tired of fixing it). If you order from PY, make sure to read & take note of the reviews. I would like to spend the extra $$ & purchase a human hair, GOOD wig. 

Honored Contributor

I wear a wig every day.  I never leave the house without wearing one.

I've tried several different wigs and (in my opinion) Toni Brattin wigs are the best.

I own quite a few of them (all the same color and length).  Everyone thinks they are my real hair.  Even hairdressers think it's real.

You can go to her website and look at them.  She was on QVC a few months ago.  I've followed her as she's moved to several different companies.

Valued Contributor

I do ...  I’ve worn them for years ...  I found a style I liked on website Wilshire Wigs and wear them all the time.  I have been wearing a brand from Norico and the style is called “Jax” and it has a monofilament part which looks like a real part.  Sounds like you need to experiment to find a size wig that will fit you comfortably.  To be honest I have not tried a human hair wig in years... they do require care more 5han the synthetic styles which retain their same style.  

Honored Contributor

I wear hair PIECES that I add to my own hair...but not a full wig.  I think it could  be fun Though!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I wear a wig every day.  I never leave the house without wearing one.

I've tried several different wigs and (in my opinion) Toni Brattin wigs are the best.

I own quite a few of them (all the same color and length).  Everyone thinks they are my real hair.  Even hairdressers think it's real.

You can go to her website and look at them.  She was on QVC a few months ago.  I've followed her as she's moved to several different companies.

@Annabellethecat66 I agree.  Toni Brattin is the best wigs to purchase.  When I was undergoing chemo I purchased a wig from her and everybody thought it was real hair.  They all said they love my new haircut.  They had no idea it was a wig.  Was well worth the 150 dollars I paid for it.  Now I'm glad I have my own hair back once again and don't need the wig, but when I did, I sure got the compliments.  She makes the best wigs in my opinion.  

Respected Contributor

I wear a wig all the time, forced to due to extreme hair loss.

I’ve  had $3500 human hair wigs as well as $299  mix of man made and human.

Both types were professionally styled by wig experts.

I much prefer the $299 wig.  It is so much easier to care for, it is lighter on the head. 

I wear a brown/blonde streaked wig that has brown roots.

I love the layered style,how easy it is to wash etc. I donated all my human hair wigs to a cancer org. except 1- I had about7-8. Now I have about 10  mixed wigs.I love, they look and feel great.

If you wear a wig daily you need several to change off- if all the style and color is  the same it is much less noticeable.

Although I’m not happy losing my hair, I am thrilled with how good my wigs look and how easy they are to care for.

Honored Contributor

I went through a phase where I tried to wear a wig.  It nearly drove me nuts.  It was hot, uncomfortable, and itchy.  I don't know how people stand them; they surely aren't for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment