Contributor

Re: Any of you Beauties wear wigs on a regular basis for FUN?

I can't seem to find a wig I like on me.  Regular size seems too small and there is so much hair in the wig that I think it looks false.  Maybe a hairdresser could trim it for me.  Any suggestions.  I've tried Toni Bratten, Sherri's, and one that was on several weeks ago whose name I foget.

Honored Contributor

I would wear a wig if I found the right one. There are days I really don't want to fix my hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried them and have never felt like they look very real to me. My real hair is fine but I have a lot of it and most wigs are so full, it clearly looks nothing like my hair. The price points for the wigs were $250-$350.

I must have thrown out over the past 5 years at least 7 wigs. The last one I bought the salesperson kept exclaiming how great I looked in it and people were staring at me telling me how great it looked. I took it home and thought just why....why did I buy this hideous thing. When I showed it to my children, they were hysterical. My son asked me if he could borrow it for Halloween..

Super Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have tried them and have never felt like they look very real to me. My real hair is fine but I have a lot of it and most wigs are so full, it clearly looks nothing like my hair. The price points for the wigs were $250-$350.

I must have thrown out over the past 5 years at least 7 wigs. The last one I bought the salesperson kept exclaiming how great I looked in it and people were staring at me telling me how great it looked. I took it home and thought just why....why did I buy this hideous thing. When I showed it to my children, they were hysterical. My son asked me if he could borrow it for Halloween..

TFF😄

Super Contributor

@janiemay wrote:

I can't seem to find a wig I like on me.  Regular size seems too small and there is so much hair in the wig that I think it looks false.  Maybe a hairdresser could trim it for me.  Any suggestions.  I've tried Toni Bratten, Sherri's, and one that was on several weeks ago whose name I foget.

Your phrase "any of you Beauties" strikes me funny!

Contributor

I do, but only on the weekends.  After doing my hair for a gazillion years, it's just very liberating to plop it on my head and go.  I have 4 wigs (all by Raquel Welch, all the same style but in different colors).  I really prefer it over my real hair (which has thinned over the years) as do many people who have seen me in them.  I haven't yet worked up the courage to wear it to work which is really kind of silly but I'm working up to that eventually.  I imagine that if I ever have the luxury of retiring I'll probably wear them most of the time.  Once the initial purchase is made there's very little expense involved unlike frequent trips to the hairdresser.

One of the best things is the wash, drip dry, and go factor.  I find it amazing that they revert back to the original style with no hassle and need little to no fixing.  They're liberating and they're fun!