Occasional Contributor

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Ladies,

Early this year I had emergency surgery and I am ok now but the reason for this request is this. No matter what I have tried as far as moisturizer for my face doesn't seem to be helping much. I am recently using Oil of Olay with the 7 vitamins and Garnier Hydrating gel. I did notice it has alcohol in that. A friend of mine gave me some Loreal Revitalift but it has fragrance and I don't like it. Nothing seems to be penetrating very well. I am 63 yrs old. Any ideas that won't break the bank?? 

Thank you in advance

Kathy

Honored Contributor

Re: Any help would be appreciated

I am a faithful user of Josie's Argon Body Butter (they have unscented).  I also use her Argon oil first, then the Butter and it's made a huge difference in my skin.  I have dry skin to begin with (and Diabetic skin) as well as living in a very dry climate.  It really works for me.

I also just had a very bad burn on my arm.  The iron fell over on it and it tooks weeks to heal up (4 1/2" long).... once it healed I've been using Argon oil on my arm, then the butter and then later in the evening a special scar cream and it's looking far better than I hoped it would with very little ridge across the top.... will be continuing all three for several weeks more. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Kat13

I have been following a dermatologist's vlogs on YouTube and have followed her advice on skin care. She is a minimalist who doesn't believe in a lot of steps or a lot of money to get hydrated, healthy skin. What she herself does and recommends is, first of all, using a gentle cleanser. Then on WET skin, apply a hyaluronic acid humectant such as Neutrogena Hydro boost which, in her words, "gloms onto" the water on your face and holds it there, preventing "trans-epidermal water loss". Then you go in with a simple moisturizer such as CeraVe PM to seal it in and keep you moisturized all night. In the morning, you would add a sunscreen over the moisturizer or, if the sunscreen is moisturizing enough, you could skip the moisturizer. These products are not overly expensive and they work well. HTH

Valued Contributor

Josie's argan milk, argan oil and face butter... Nothing is better for me and I live in a very dry climate!!!

Valued Contributor

I have been using Yes to Cucumbers soothing daily calming moisturizer  for sensitive skin. It's  about fifteen dollars a bottle that lasts you a long time. It's nice and gentle for the skin.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I hope your arm heals very quickly. That had to be so painful. My skin is dry. I should have mentioned that it's more for my face. I do use Josie whipped argon oil. In fact, last night I brought 2 of the nurses a jar of it. They used mine and loved it.

Thanks again 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Ladies, I knew you'd all come through for me. You're the best. I wish you all a great evening and week!!!!!!

I hope to return the favor sometime.

Kathy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kat13 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I hope your arm heals very quickly. That had to be so painful. My skin is dry. I should have mentioned that it's more for my face. I do use Josie whipped argon oil. In fact, last night I brought 2 of the nurses a jar of it. They used mine and loved it.

Thanks again 

While I can't speak for @Q4u,  I think she may have meant that she uses Josie's whipped body butter on her face.  I do and it is great - the unscented.  I tried her whipped face butter and didn't like it.  I also use her oil everyday - under make up.  The milk dried me out.  Not good for me, but many love it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Occasional Contributor

I have not heard of ETERNITY.  I will look it up. I never thought to use the whipped oil on my face. I have the oil but it doesn't seem to absorb. I will give it a try. It couldn't hurt.

Thank you again

Trusted Contributor

No7 Lift & Luminate TRIPLE ACTION Serum@Kat13My next buy is going to be this product. I saw it on "The Doctors" the other day and the women seemed to have good results. It is sold at Walgreens.