Occasional Contributor

Re: Any help would be appreciated

Thank you SisterGoldenHair,

I have a Walgreens close by. I am going to try it all only because I can't believe all the lines on my face lately.

Honored Contributor

@Kat13,   Give No. 7 a try which is sold at Target.  Reasonably priced.  I use one of their moisturizers with SPF and it does not irritate my skin.  Another good would be Neutrogena.   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kat13 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

Early this year I had emergency surgery and I am ok now but the reason for this request is this. No matter what I have tried as far as moisturizer for my face doesn't seem to be helping much. I am recently using Oil of Olay with the 7 vitamins and Garnier Hydrating gel. I did notice it has alcohol in that. A friend of mine gave me some Loreal Revitalift but it has fragrance and I don't like it. Nothing seems to be penetrating very well. I am 63 yrs old. Any ideas that won't break the bank?? 

Thank you in advance

Kathy

May I ask if you are exfoliating your skin? If not, moisturizers can't get through the dead skin cells to do their job. Good luck. 😄

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kat13 wrote:

I have not heard of ETERNITY.  I will look it up. I never thought to use the whipped oil on my face. I have the oil but it doesn't seem to absorb. I will give it a try. It couldn't hurt.

Thank you again

That was the poster's catch phrase used in the signature option. Noticed you're new, welcome @Kat13@! I like Josie' s oil, too

Contributor

i watch her, too and my skin is looking better and better!  No more extra steps and overly expensive products for me.  Sunscreen every day!  

Honored Contributor

@Kat13

I would check with a dermatologist, honestly, make sure you know what's going on, and what will help, and what might do harm.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

Before spending money on potions and lotions, make sure you are well hydrated.  I find that my skin is so much softer and smoother when I "moisturize" from the inside out.

Respected Contributor

CeraVe was recommended to me by my dermatologist after my skin ended up looking lilke turtle skin after surgery and a long hospital stay.  Can safely be used on your face also.  My skin is now smooth and feels and looks good (as it can at 70+)  It is inexpensive, about $15 for a large jar at Target.  Need to get the cream, not the lotion.  My friend's dermalologist also recommended it for her.  I have many allergies to skin products and this does have a fragrance, but it does not bother my skin and is not a strong smell.  I don't like perfumes and scented product either, but CeraVe does not offend my sense of smell or cause me to break out like products with fragrance do.  Hopefully it will help you.  I tried for many years for a moisurizer that I could use on my face as well as my body taking into account my allergies.  I'm delighted I found CeraVe.

Honored Contributor

@Kat13 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

Early this year I had emergency surgery and I am ok now but the reason for this request is this. No matter what I have tried as far as moisturizer for my face doesn't seem to be helping much. I am recently using Oil of Olay with the 7 vitamins and Garnier Hydrating gel. I did notice it has alcohol in that. A friend of mine gave me some Loreal Revitalift but it has fragrance and I don't like it. Nothing seems to be penetrating very well. I am 63 yrs old. Any ideas that won't break the bank?? 

Thank you in advance

Kathy

@Kat13

Is it just your face .... or hands and body, too?  

Personally, I think you should consult with a Dermatologist.    Sounds like your system might be out of whack .... or something.   

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Kat13 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I hope your arm heals very quickly. That had to be so painful. My skin is dry. I should have mentioned that it's more for my face. I do use Josie whipped argon oil. In fact, last night I brought 2 of the nurses a jar of it. They used mine and loved it.

Thanks again 

While I can't speak for @Q4u,  I think she may have meant that she uses Josie's whipped body butter on her face.  I do and it is great - the unscented.  I tried her whipped face butter and didn't like it.  I also use her oil everyday - under make up.  The milk dried me out.  Not good for me, but many love it.

Yes, I use it everywhere!  Don't use the face butter and the milk made me break out, not good for me either, but the original body butter is fantastic IMHO... Woman Happy   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*