Respected Contributor

Any Hairdressers Here? Have A Question

This hairdresser on youtube was talking about her haircut because many people love her hair (including myself)and wanted to know what is the cut. She said it is a one length haircut with texture throughout. Mu question is what does it mean to have texture through out your hair. She has beautiful hair and I would love her haircut. Her youtube channel is Harmonize Beauty.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Hairdressers Here? Have A Question

@cuddlesmama  Texturizing usually happens for someone with thick hair or a lot of hair.  Rather than specific layers being cut, after cutting the shape of the style, the stylist can either do some undercutting to give lift or use a thinning shears to get rid of some weight.

Honored Contributor

My hair is normal and my cut is always texturized.  First, you need layers and then the stylist will cut into the ends or use those scissors to remove bulk.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies!! Much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a hairdresser, but I would think it would help to take some screenshots of the YouTuber whose hair you like and show to your hairdresser.  Of course, any time I show mine a picture it's something that won't work on me because I have such fine hair, and not lots of it.

Respected Contributor

That Youtuber says she uses a TON of texturizing products. her hair is blonde, center part and has beach waves.

Respected Contributor

she has an instagram page too

Respected Contributor

I have very thick, heavy hair and ask my stylist to "thin it out". She calls this "texturizing". As one of the other posters commented. It's about getting the bulk & weight out of thick, heavy hair.

Honored Contributor

I have very fine but very thick hair and my hairdresser has to thin it every now and then.  Otherwise I get no lift from it.